Clarion Hotel Atlanta Airport South
$48
  • Pool
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 28, 2009

We were a group of 10 guys travelling to the area because of their locationto the Atlanta Motor Speedway.The gals at the front desk (both) were so Friendly and hospitable.And while we had to do a few last minute changes they accomodate each chane with a smile.Stayed here a year or so ago when their rennovation just got on the way.Its completed and we love it..
WE WILL BE BACK IN SEPTEMBER.
GREAT FOOD TOO(BUFFET)

• Stayed: February 2009
Reviewed October 7, 2008

From the outside, this looks like a throwback to the days when Holiday Inn first started building higher than two floors. But the hotel is in the midst of a renovation, so once you step into the lobby your fears ease considerably.

Check in was easy with the gracious staff, and I got a little snack box for being in the Priority Club.

The renovated room was nice, but it was dark -- kind of like a room in a Vegas casino hotel. Dark colors + little light = dark. But it was clean. The pillows were atrocious, but the bed itself was fine. TV had a limited number of channels.

There's one computer and printer in the lobby area that guests can use for free.

The real drawback here is the surrounding neighborhood. I drove around a bit, looking for a place to eat, and finally decided I'd be better off going to a place I know in College Park. Nothing around the hotel looked like you'd want to get out of the car.

Still, if all you need is a place to sleep that's 15 minutes from the airport, this will suffice.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 25, 2008

I stayed here a year ago and this stay was a 360 degree difference for the better. I was told there's a new General Manager and obviously a new service culture and philosophy. ?The staff (in all areas of the hotel) went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and our needs were met. Managers were available and on hand. Everyone was very friendly and responsive. I'm told the rooms will complete renovation by October of this year and once that happens this place will be the place to be in that part of south Georgia.

To the new GM and his team. Keep up the good work and things will be good for you and your business.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 19, 2007

I was traveling with my mother-in-law. We had a room with a king and it was quiet and clean and roomy. The staff was very friendly. At check-in I requested 2 doubles, I was told that they were not able to honor my request because I had booked through Hotwire. The hotel parking lot was pretty empty, so I asked if they had any double rooms available and was told that they did have them, but that they were only allowed to give me this room, because that was the wholesale room given to the discount internet company for booking. I explained that I was traveling with my mother-in-law and the front desk person smiled apologetically, but stated there was nothing she could do. Sharing a bed was not a problem for us, but just wanted to make people aware that this is their policy so that if it would bother them to have to sleep with their traveling compainion they would be forwarned. Check-in and check-out were quick and easy. There is no parking fee. We did not eat there, so cannot comment on the resturaunt service or quality.

• Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed April 29, 2006

Prebooked and paid for one night using the hotel web site, using the directions provided by the hotel we arrived within ten minutes of leaving Atlanta airport. Very friendly staff, room was clean and good value for the $90. The restaurant was first class, very clean and tidy with flowers on every table, the service and food excellent. The full american breakfast next morning was also first class. We will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2006