“My Husband's 50th Birthday Party!”

Clarion Hotel Atlanta Airport South
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Jonesboro
dallas, ga
“My Husband's 50th Birthday Party!”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

My husband’s 50th birthday party was a blast! I rented the banquet rooms and the hotel catered food for 120--135 guest! I chose the Italian Menu (which my guest absolutely LOVED)! Event Services Manager, Samantha Harris assisted me every step of the way! Her exceptional customer service is the reason why I selected this hotel! From room rentals, shuttle services and the continental breakfast, the hotel staff exemplified excellent customer service to me and my guest. My decorator, Veronica Johnson of I~AM Wedding Creations (678.973.6466) turned the banquet room into elegant affair that wowed my guest!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Rex, Georgia
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I am so happy that I followed through on a co-worker's recommendation to have my husband's surprise retirement dinner party at the Clarion Hotel Atlanta Airport South.
The staff was very professional, courteous, and accommodating. Any requests that I made were handled with respect and prompt service; i.e., providing a portable podium and microphone. Our dinner party was enchanting with bright, beautiful colors and classy tableware, and the food was simply fantastic! Everything was set up on time, and the servers came in to disassemble the buffet with precision. Overall, we felt as if we were in our own private cafe and appreciated the warm and wonderful catering service which this hotel provided.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2012

In town to help celebrate my cousin Book signing and birthday bash. This is an average looking Hotel with a big punch" The rooms were clean and the lobby staff was sweet like candy. The hidden jewel was the Up close 2 lounge with the sweet sound of Chicago/New York Jazz. This Hotel is a short distance from several restaurant in the area but the menu at Up close 2 is to die for" I will be coming back. Great Hotel.

• Stayed January 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 13, 2012

I have stayed at this property for an extended period of time. The customer service I recieved from the following people was exceptional and I was completely satisfied, Ms. Edith, Ms. Shayla, Mr. Gus, Ms. Jonda, and Ms. Reid. These people made my stay very pleasant. However there were a few others at the front desk that made things as difficult as possible and displayed a lack of professionalism or concern for the guest. These people were flat out rude. My suggestion is allow the those people to work on the third shift when they do not have to interact with a guest. Overall I was a pleasant experience due to the people I mention above thank you so much to those

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed December 28, 2011

My fiancee and I spent our first Christmas as a couple in a suite at The Clarion Hotel - Atlanta, airport-south. Everyone there, from The sales manager through the Restaurant manager, and everyone in between made us feel like family. The Jazz quartet made us feel as if they were playing each set of incredible songs just for us. I recommend their Crab cakes to anyone, and the hotel to everyone.

Tom Bradley

Room Tip: Splurge on the Suite, Tell Mike that Tom sent you...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 21, 2011

The stay at this Clarion was great. I had several friends coming to visit for the week end and the Clarion turned out to be the best choice. Everyone's room was clean and decorated beautifully. I chose the newly renovated suite to host the group The room has upgrades galore Flat screen TVs, leather furniture well stocked mini bar and very spacious. We had a ball. Several my guest are planning to come back to the hotel for the holidays because they enjoyed their stay. Mr. Lanoza helped me make sure the rooms were reserved in advance and did a follow up the day of the event. Thanks Clarion.Great Job.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank C P
Quito
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Delta set up us here, and although it's a bit far from the airport, about 25-30 minutes by shuttle, the hotel is much better than the other hotels that Delta will set you up, this is in terms of services. Breakfast is complimentary, they have eggs and sausages, cereal, juices, milk and coffee and some fruits, this definitely beats the complementary continental breakfast at any of the New York establishments. Wifi is free and works perfectly, at least in our room we had no problem with the connection. The business center needs to be updated, the computers they have are riddled with viruses so a lot of operations can't be completed. But the staff is nice here and you can always ask them for a working computer in the back office to print your boarding passes, they are always willing to help.

There are no attractions nearby except a mall that is about 5 minutes away by car, try calling your own service taxi, because they use their own friends and buddy network, and then you sort of are at their mercy in terms of how much they would charge you.

The cleaning staff is the best here, they are so nice, we forgot our camera and the lady came running to give it to us, so you can be sure that you are with good hands here.

Don't know what the fuss is about all the other negative reviews, I guess you have to factor in that their flight got canceled and everything from there can only go downhill, which was not our case at all.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank noreservationec
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jonesboro
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Morrow
Hampton Inn Atlanta Southlake
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta I-75 South
Travelodge Forest Park Atlanta South
Ramada Atlanta Airport East/Forest Park
Quality Inn & Suites Southlake

Been to Clarion Hotel Atlanta Airport South? Share your experiences!