“If you can get them to serve you”
Review of The Bavarian's - CLOSED

The Bavarian's
Cuisines: German
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Our family attempted to dine here. There was 1server who had 3 tables, she spent so much time walking past us saying she'd be right with us, while getting the other tables beer after ber our family waited over 20 minutes and never even had a sip of water.. We left with no plans on returning

2  Thank southernlady36

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Great selection of German food, prepared by a perfectionist chef. You can NOT pass up on this opportunity. Ample portions (be ready to ask for a doggy bag).

2  Thank RGY1
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My family and I enjoyed our visit to the Bavarian's in Jesup. The prices of their food fits the portion of food. Not over priced at all. The service and atmosphere was great. We have return multiple times since our first visit this year and they will continue to see me and my family. WONDERFUL FOOD!

1  Thank Abenigirl
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I can't tell you if it's authentic German or not, but it's good food and a nice change of pace in a small southern town with wings and bbq restaurnats on practivally every corner.
We aren't familiar with German food, so the pictures of the meals located in the entryway were very helpful. My husband doesn't like pork and the majority of their offerings seemed to be pork, but he had the Rueben sandwich and fries and was very happy with that. I had some sort of pork smothered in a slightly spicy tomato sauce/gravy mixture (#17 on the menu) and I found it to be very tasty. We were both really pleased with the side salad. It had a mixture of pickled cucumbers, lettuce, carrots, beets, and green beans, which were very tasty. The restaurant filled up while we were there. The food is cooked to order, so it doesn't come out fast. They do serve German beers and wine, which is nice if you choose to have one as you don't always get an offering of alcoholic drinks at the restaurants in Jesup.
They take 5% off of the total bill if you pay in cash. We will definitely go here again.

3  Thank dont-tell-the-kids
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I try to come eat here as much as possible. The schnitzel is the best !! The owners are both Germans with him being a butcher by trade. Best homemade bratwurst I have had since leaving Germany. Everything is cooked fresh to order !

2  Thank KathrinE3