“Local family restaurant with good choices”

Sybil's Family Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 47 Restaurants in Jesup
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Buffet, Takeout
Description: For many years families and friends have been meeting at Sybil's Family Restaurant to enjoy some of the best food in Jesup and Southeast Georgia. Known for our Southern Home Cooking, customers have said, "we are known for the best fried chicken in town!" However, our talents don't end there. Our Ribeyes are so juicy, flavorful and so tender you can cut them with a fork. Our desserts are divine and literally melt in your mouth. Many of our customers have said they can't just choose one time of day to eat so we've made it to where they can eat our home made lunch, dinner and Friday night Seafood Buffet. Come in and try us out. I promise we'll have so many choices that you can choose from and guarantee you won't leave hungry!
Reviewed June 12, 2014

if you like southern you will love this ....good friendly staff,choice of buffet all good cooked and very fresh,or eat from the menu good choose from salads to meats,all very well priced and from what l saw very good qualiy.....the puds looked good to...alas l was to full to eat any!...enjoyed my food thou......quiet a few people it there but no problem getting a table.....dress wise casual...pricewise....good value

1  Thank petesman2

Reviewed June 7, 2014

We went last night for the FR night seafood buffet. The waitress was very friendly but I would've appreciated her telling us right off that the crab
soup was around the corner with the desserts. It was our first visit and we didn't know that. Discovered it upon getting dessert and tried it anyway even though we were pretty full.

I skipped the salad stuff and went right to the seafood. I thought the shrimp were very fresh and tasty (not sure if they were frozen but still very good). I had them fried and in a garlic sauce. Scallops were good....a bit tough but I can see how easy it would be to keep them tasting fresh. I had them fried and broiled as well. Fried fish was good. Cheesy grits were good.

We thought it was a really good deal for 19.95. As my dad used to say, they didn't make any money on us last night..:) Shrimp and scallops alone were worth it.

1  Thank norma j
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Do not miss eating at Sybil's! It is always crowded and the food always fresh! Sunday is my favorite time to go! I always get the buffet and am never disappointed!!! Their chocolate cake is superb!

Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

I travel a lot so I ask for recommendations on what to Eat from the locals, this is an excellent place to eat if you want southern food buffet style, the food was fresh, the staff was outstanding. Adding as a favorite in my GPS.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

I'm a born and raised South Georgia southerner. My expectations for traditional southern food in restaurants is extremely high. It is very hard for any restaurant to beat my mama or my grandmother's daily southern or Sunday cooking, but Sybil's does it. The owner has changed recently, but it is my understanding that the head cook who has worked there for years now owns and operates the restaurant. I've visited since the ownership has changed hands, and the food was as delicious as it has ever been. My family lives an hour away from Sybil's, and we have no problem driving an hour to eat here. The ingredients that they use in their food is not out of a can. Unlike many other southern style buffets, they don't cut corners when it comes to ingredients. After living in Savannah for many years and witnessing the long lines for Paula Dean's buffet, I feel sorry for these tourists that they don't get to eat Sybil's. If you are passing through Jesup, you won't regret stopping here for a meal.

1  Thank Anna_W333