“Delicious Grand Buffet”

Grand Dining Room
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: The Jekyll Island Club Hotel Grand Dining Room continues to be the scene of social gatherings and gourmet experiences. Beautifully restored in the Victorian mode, the room is dominated by Ionic columns and gleaming white woodwork. Three handsome fireplaces, complete with intricately carved mantle pieces and marble surrounds, add warmth and cheer on a winter’s day. The lawns and the river can be seen through expansive windows, and the first blossoms of crepe myrtle and magnolia trees color the landscape in early spring. The glow of candlelight and piano music create an atmosphere of romance and anticipation of the gourmet meal to come. A cause celebre in Southern Georgia dining is the Grand Dining Room’s Sunday brunch, a culinary and visual delight.
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We usually go for brunch on Christmas day, Thanksgiving, Easter, and other holidays, and more often for the regular lunch menu whenever we feel like it. The food is superb and the selection on the buffets is mind boggling. I can't imagine how the kitchen can consistently turn out great food in great quantities, a well as smaller lunches of equal quality. One of our favorite places and a great value for special occasions.

Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Hot breakfast is basic and not inspired at all... Service is excellent however... I suppose for $12 I shouldn't complain but step up your game a bit! At least offer french toast!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

From the moment I entered the Hotel, I felt like I was hanging with JP Morgan for the afternoon. The dining room is beautiful and tastefully decorated with opulence and character. The wait staff couldn't have been any better and the food was indescribably delicious! Kudos to all who contribute to this dining experience...it was perfect in every way!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We were not staying at the Jekyll Island Club, but we decided to make reservations at the Grand Dining Room for dinner on a Saturday night. The hotel and facilities are beautiful, especially during the Christmas Season, but I was a little worried that the dining room may be living on its laurels from a better time. My concern was unwarranted. It was perfect. Our server, Brad, was excellent, attentive, but not obsequies. All of the other staff was wonderful bas well. We made a comment to one of our servers that my wife was wondering about a couple items on the menu and did she have any recommendations? She told us that her husband loves the Shrimp and Grits. We started out with a couple Manhattans and my wife ordered the Shrimp and Grits. She loved her meal. I ordered the Rack of Lamb and it was outstanding also. We decided to share a dessert and Brad showed us the dessert offerings and we selected the Brownie that looked like a turtle. He came back a few minutes later and explained that they had just run out of that particular dessert so we made another selection, the chocolate, macadamia nut, caramel cake. He explained that dessert was “on the house.” After eating the cake, we were happy that they had run out of the Brownie. It just couldn’t have been better than the cake.
Many times in life you make the decision to spend the money on something that expect will be very special, and unfortunately sometimes you are disappointed. This will probably not be one of those times. In fact, we remarked that many times we spend more money on a meal back home in the Midwest than we did here the Jekyll Island Club. We’ll be back!

1  Thank RMCINCINNATI
Reviewed December 29, 2012

The wait staff are so nice, the food is wonderful and service is great. We will be back!! We were treated like VIPs