“Lovely evening ride”

Three Oaks Farm Equestrian Services
Ranked #2 of 9 Tours in Jekyll Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Horseback rides on Driftwood Beach, narrated horse drawn carriage tours of Jekyll Island, a large petting zoo, pony rides lessons, children's camps, Wedding carriage rentals, horse-drawn hearse for funerals, birthday parties and receptions and events on the farm
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We had no problem making a reservation that day for our evening carriage ride through the historic district. We dined at Latitude 31 and then walked up the wharf to where our carriage was waiting. Our driver was friendly and knowledgeable. Our 4 year old daughter was enthralled and enjoyed best seeing the deer that started to come out for their nightly romp.

There are newer reviews for Three Oaks Farm Equestrian Services

Reviewed September 28, 2013

My husband and I, along with another couple, enjoyed the beach front one hour horse ride. It was fabulous. Our guide, Jason was very helpful and made a point of remembering everyone's name. He would yell out one of our names, asking how we were doing; how the ride was going etc. The four of us had not ridden before, and Jason made sure we were comfortable with our gentle horses before we left. The day was sunny and the ride along the beach was very relaxing and wonderful. Would highly recommend the ride. Ask for Rebel - he was a spirited little horse that lived up to his name. The cost is a little high - but we felt it was well worth the fee.

1  Thank Deb J
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Had not rode a horse in 30 years Jason our guide was great he took the time to show my wife and I all about horses and made the ride special for us the trail was good and the time by the beach was fun .the horses were great and I would go back and see them again . Easy to book and fun to do if you haven't done in awhile . Many people came by and it seems like they can Handel any skill level from beginner to expert .

Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and I went on the full moon beach ride with Sue-lynn as our guide. She was a great guide and had lots of fun stories about the horses and the area. It was an absolutely fabulous unique experience. Even though the tide was high and we had to go through the palmettos for a little ways to reach the beach, even that was really cool. The scenery was just breathtaking under the full moon with just the sounds of the breeze and the surf along with the little noises from the hoofs and tack. This was an experience I will probably never have the opportunity to repeat but I am so glad I got to do it this once. It was worth every penny. I would not necessary recommend it for younger children though because it can be pretty dark in some areas.
Although there were no restrooms that I noticed, right where we got on the horses, there are pretty nice bathroom facility right up the road at the fishing pier so you might want to stop there first before coming down to the stabling area.
Thanks Sue-lynn and Three Oaks Carriage - along with our great horses - Cappuccino and Rebel.

1  Thank WelRed
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife and I booked a sunset beach ride. It was supposed to be an hour, and with a group. Instead it was about 90 minutes, and it was just the two of us and our guide! Awesome! Best sunset we saw while in the Golden Isles. Jekyll beaches are nice and unspoiled. Sue (our guide), I think that was her name, was friendly and professional. This is a perfect couples or family event not to be missed!