“Spacious but old and needs refurbishing”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Jekyll Island
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Spacious suite with kitchenette, living & 1 bedroom. Specifically asked for a refurbished room when booking 1 month in advance, but it appeared as if it was not. Sofa, carpet, chairs and bathroom were very old and needed to be refurbished. Beds were comfortable. There were numerous flies in the room and I killed 15 flies on the first day of our arrival. The breakfast buffet was good with warm food. Parking and the free wifi connection were good.
However, I would not stay again because it was so old. Our acquaintance stayed in the same hotel off the island and said it was new and in much better condition. Convenient location close to the beach and golf course.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
qualityjekyll, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2011

Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately in South Georgia, we deal with flies on the warmer days. We will continually work on improving our property for a better guest experience. On your next stay, please allow me to personally choose your room for you and ensure that your experience with us is a great one. Again thank you for sharing your comments with us.- Deborah Exum, GM

Reviewed March 25, 2011

Very pleased... I traveled with my dog & we were very welcome. The dog walk are is very spacious with shade trees. Room was very clean & soundproof for comfort. All amenities were excellent: convenient laundry room, gorgeous pool area, ice machines in working order. The complimentary breakfast was hot, healthy fully stocked & delicious coffee! Just a quick walk across the street to get to the beach. Property is very well lit at night for security.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed March 6, 2011

We had the one bedroom suite. Very clean, updated. Located across the street from the beach. Can't beat the price that close to the beach on Jekyll. Staff was very nice and helpful. The free breakfast was very good too. We plan on staying there again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank valdosta1
Reviewed March 1, 2011

I am a world traveler. I booked this hotel because it allowed pets and was a little cheaper. When I pulled up, I thought the outside looked a little old and run down so I became a little worried. But the lobby was nice, and my room turned out to be large, very clean, and nicely decorated. The bathroom was a little old, but immaculate. The beds were soft and the bedding was nice. The room was decorated in gold and yellow, nothing loud. Although the parking lot was packed at night, I left the fan on medium and didn't hear anything all night. I will definitely stay there again. I didn't eat the breakfast, but there was a computer in the lobby and they give you a password so you can use it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 1, 2011

My mother and I just stayed here Feb 25 & 26, 2011! The service was great, the rooms were great and they are still remodeling more! We went for a site visit to reserve rooms for an upcoming wedding on the island adn the only concern we had was the exterior needing painted and Sheila, the Sales Mgr, informed us that would be done...they were actually doing exterior painting the next day. We were very pleased and are very excited to have our guests stay here. The rooms are plenty big and have all the accomodations you could ask for. The continental breakfast was good and had a great variety. Plenty of gorgeous old oak trees around and even a "doggy park". I would highly recommend this Quality Inn. Great place and superb pricing!

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed February 23, 2011

My wife and I have been coming here for mo keep coming back becausere than ten years. We keep coming back because of the location - right near the beach and close to thr golf courses. The service and attention of the staff is first rate. Our room has been recently painted and new drapes installed. I have told many people about the enjoyment we get from visiting here.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Quality Inn & Suites for a long weekend. We had one of the 2 bedroom suites and it was great. Not dated at all, the rooms were spotless, and the staff was great. We'll be back.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
#4 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
The Westin Jekyll Island
The Westin Jekyll Island
#3 of 9 in Jekyll Island

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!