“Like No Other”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Jekyll Island
ON
“Like No Other”
Reviewed March 24, 2007

I could tell from the time I booked the reservation with Cindy it was going to be enjoyable. She was so polite on the phone, and after meeting her at check-in..let me say, she takes very good care of you.

The room was just wonderful, the view was great, and the price was right. The housekeeping staff does a wonderful job.

Look forward to visiting again and again.

Mr. & Mrs. Nuspl
Pickering, ON.

• Liked — Cindy at the Front Desk
  • Disliked — Couldn't stay longer
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
6 Thank nuspllou

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
louisiana
Reviewed December 31, 2006

My husband and I stumbled upon Jekyll Island several years ago. Our original destination was St Simons; but we stopped off at Jekyll first. How glad I am we did. We have returned every year since; even went twice in 2006 - in May and again in Aug. The Beachview is a wonderful hotel with a great beach. The old oaks and landscaping make the place. The rooms are a good value and are adequate for beach life. I especially like the micro/fridge and we hardly eat at restaurants; but prepare most meals in room. Looking forward to returning this summer.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
8 Thank arrh
Green Cove Springs, Florida
Reviewed December 16, 2006

We have stayed at the Beachview Club many times over the last few years and have loved it every time. The best choice for rooms are the suites on the second floor...we usually try to get one with a private balcony. The view is wonderful, the beds are comfy, and it's always so peaceful. We can lie in bed and watch the sun come up over the ocean, and then wander down onto the beach for a lazy walk on the sands. Perfect for a quick but relaxing getaway!

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — Small showers
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
6 Thank FITravellers
Woodstock, GA
Reviewed November 26, 2006

My husband and I just returned from a four-night stay during the Thanksgiving holiday. Everyone on the staff was friendly and helpful. We arrived without a reservation and asked to see a room with an ocean view. The desk clerk gave us keys to a couple of different rooms and let us take our time deciding which room we liked best. We chose a room on the second level on the end nearest the ocean. The view was perfect. I was able to watch the sunrise without getting out of bed. The huge oak trees around the heated pool and hot tub were gorgeous. The room was clean, tastefully decorated, and included a small kitchenette. Every aspect of our stay at the Beachview Club was positive. We'll definitely be returning next year.

• Liked — Tranquil natural setting, heated pool, oceanfront
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Try the beach at night for some excellent star gazing
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
4 Thank srm2056
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed November 6, 2006

My husband and I stayed here in October based on the reviews. However, must admit somewhat disappointed. Pulled out a drawer for a phone book and found bugs crawling in the drawer!! The location was great, but the room was average at best - very dark with very little lighting, bed that bordered on lumpy, big mirrors on the wall, certainly didn't give the feeling of luxury, perhaps just a feeling of being a little creepy.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — accommodations
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
8 Thank OhioPrincess
Roswell
Reviewed August 29, 2006

Jekyll Island Beachview club hotel - A relaxing stay
August 21, 2006
We just arrived at the Beachview Club hotel on Jekyll Island for a 4 day visit. The hotel is located on the beach, in fact it is one of the few properties that has a nice beachfront, even at high tide there is a beach. The pool has pretty live oak trees around it. Our room was located on the second level with a porch that over looked the pool . You also have a good vantage point to see the ocean.
The room was clean with a toaster, microwave, mini frige and coffee machine. Dishes were also provided and cleaned by the maid service everyday. Service was friendly. The beach was very clean and great for walking, the hotel has bikes you can use for the bike trail that goes around the island. We ate breakfast on our porch every morning. Dinner was another story. The Jekyll Island club
restaurant well lets just say snooty without cause. The Rah Bar, pretty nasty, I watched the guy clean out the trays with the lemons, cherries and olives and that did it for me, plus the unfriendly attitude did not help things. Latitude 31, over priced and not worth it. The best place to eat and it was pricey was the Crane house on Jekyll Island Club property. They were friendly, and the food was very good. Other things to do were horse back riding on the beach, which was fun , shopping at the local shops or just hanging out at the Beachview club pool. The hotel is very kid friendly.

• Liked — Relaxing
  • Disliked — Needs better restaurants on island
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
16 Thank Reisebricht
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 16, 2006

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights and loved every minute! The best part about this hotel is the beautiful natural landscaping. There are huge trees that seem to protect it from the ocean... it's just gorgeous! The pool and hot tub area are really nice, and since it's a pretty small hotel, it never seemed crowded. Our room was a nice size, with a small fridge and microwave. Everything was really clean and well kept. The staff is friendly and ready to help with anything. You can rent bikes from them and ride around the island... highly recommend it! The only complaint I had while we were there is that they start their landscaping duties early. The guy was out on the pool deck with the leaf blower at 8:30 one morning and 9am the next. Seems early to me when I'm on vacation! I did complain to the front desk and they were apologetic. But anyways, this did not affect my experience too much and I would still encourage anyone traveling to Jekyll Island to stay here! It's definitely the nicest place on the ocean!

11 Thank sriesen