“Unfriendly Staff & Dated/Dirty Room”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Beachview Club

The Beachview Club
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Jekyll Island
Jacksonville, Florida
“Unfriendly Staff & Dated/Dirty Room”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband and I came here for a relaxing weekend getaway without our children. When we arrived, we were told that our room was changed and was now on the second floor. When we walked into our room, the first thing we noticed was how dated it was. The bathroom was very dated with a broken faucet in the shower and mildew on the walls. The "manager" was very rude and spoke to us as if we were children. After touring the island, I would recommend the Jekyll Island Club. It is only slightly more per night and the grounds are gorgeous! We will be avoiding this hotel in the future!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lindsey K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a little Gem on the beach with ocean views. The staff here is much nicer then the staff at Villas by the Sea down the street. The views also are much better. I have found a new home for my regular drive from FL to Missouri.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

The grounds are very nice and the view is terrific. The rooms are dated. The cleaning staff spends about 10 minutes in the room. The worst part of it is the management. I was given a room for two nights, with the possibility of two extra nights. On the morning of the day that I originally would have checked out, I was notified that I would have to move. I told them that twice the day before I was assured that I could stay. They said that if I used the same credit card, I wouldn't have to come to the desk. They would just charge it. Cindy, an Ssistant manager said that a gentleman had booked that room months in advance, however noone knew that when they said that I could stay in the room. I am handicapped so moving is a big deal. They offered to move the stuff but I still had to pack it all. Through all this, I had to call her. I waited for 3 hours until I could move. I couldn't go anywhere so by the time it was all resolved my plans were ruined, Cindy did give me a discount. Then the next day when I was in the lobby, Sara, a lovely young woman, mentioned that I would be leaving the next day and I said not until the day after. Again, Cindy didn't extend my stay for 2 days. I think that the management feels that there are not so many decent choices on JI, so they don't care. This is not the cSe at the Hampton Inn. Everyone else must have discovered this because the Hampton is always booked. It is immaculate, linens changed daily, a great breakfast, clean pool, beautiful hotel, new, stunning rooms. The Beachview would not make it anywhere but Jekyl Islamd because many of the choices are worse. Until management takes their jobs seriously, stay at the Hampton. It costs about the same and breakfast is delicious and free for your entire party.

• Stayed March 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in a comfy, pretty room with good heating (needed it!)overlooking flowers and tidy green garden.
Warm welcome upon arrival despite the fact we had no reservations.
We were able to change rooms after first night because of noisy fridge.

Lovely well maintained pool. Beach minutes away as well as bicycle path. Excellent vacation atmosphere.
Bicycles were included in the rate. For 3 days we enjoyed the quiet , leisurely pace of life of the Jekyll Island dwellers as we cycled among the long bungalow homes, the beautiful bike bath under live oaks and up to quaint Driftwood Beach.

Relaxed resort like atmosphere at Beachview Club. Recommend it highly.

• Stayed February 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Upon arriving, we were assigned the wrong room. (Double queen instead of a king suite.) The receptionist then moved us into a regular king room. Within 5 minutes the room next to us was obnoxiously loud and we requested a suite like we originally asked for.

Once getting what we requested, it was awesome. The suites are much different then the normal rooms. We won't stay at anything but a suite here.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Uhohitsem
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

First time here--- I have now stayed in all the hotels on Jekyll except the Jekyll Island Club. Generally I liked it here. The pool was nicely heated and big enough to enjoy--- and the hot tub is great and in a scenic setting. My bed was most comfortable, and the entire room was clean. The beach is pretty good here --- especially compared to the Villas where there excess erosion and virtually no beach. The staff was competent and friendly.

What would have made the stay better? I was on business with an associate--- we had 2 rooms. The A/C and Heater baffled both of us! We set the room at our desired temperature, but it just blew out heat until we were baking--- so we turned it off and later froze in the cold night temps. The light coming through the decorative door was just too much-- the room was not at all dark compared to most hotels.

Now that I have stayed almost everywhere here-- I would rank this hotel above the Oceanside, and Quality -- due to better rooms and heated pool. I would rank it below the Hampton, as it is newer and has every amenity this hotel has and more. The Villas and Days Inn are both very different than the Beachview, and on the whole for me the various positives and negatives pretty much even out.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank rjacka3
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Driving down from Connecticut to Florida, stopped for a night on Jekyll Island to see "drift wood beach" Looked at a few of the hotels (Days Inn, Hampton Inn, and a few more expensive ones) didn't think worth the money. Stayed here on second floor I think 407? Anyway! WOW it was sweet (we wanted to stay longer)

We had a king size four poster bed, two tvs one from bed and one from the indoor spa (yep that is what i said spa) we had a deck that had 2 chairs and a table and looked out over the pool and ocean. Beautiful sunrise. Staff excellent --- young girl at night really accommodating (she even let me use her highlighter so I could do my grad work!)

What can I say except I wish we didn't drive around so much. I would stay here in a heartbeat again.

One recommendation would be like starbucks coffee bags in the room (THAT WOULD HAVE PUT IT OVER THE TOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(make sure you go on the beach and look for the balls and there is a great little store in the historic district right on the road almost sells a bunch of neat stuff GREAT TEE SHIRTS at a really reasonable price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple