First time here--- I have now stayed in all the hotels on Jekyll except the Jekyll Island Club. Generally I liked it here. The pool was nicely heated and big enough to enjoy--- and the hot tub is great and in a scenic setting. My bed was most comfortable, and the entire room was clean. The beach is pretty good here --- especially compared to the Villas where there excess erosion and virtually no beach. The staff was competent and friendly.
What would have made the stay better? I was on business with an associate--- we had 2 rooms. The A/C and Heater baffled both of us! We set the room at our desired temperature, but it just blew out heat until we were baking--- so we turned it off and later froze in the cold night temps. The light coming through the decorative door was just too much-- the room was not at all dark compared to most hotels.
Now that I have stayed almost everywhere here-- I would rank this hotel above the Oceanside, and Quality -- due to better rooms and heated pool. I would rank it below the Hampton, as it is newer and has every amenity this hotel has and more. The Villas and Days Inn are both very different than the Beachview, and on the whole for me the various positives and negatives pretty much even out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This place is temporarily closed due to renovation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your The Beachview Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Beachview Club Hotel Jekyll Island
- Beachview Hotel Jekyll Island
- The Beachview Hotel