“We Loved It”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Jekyll Island
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
“We Loved It”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stopped for two nights on our way back from Marathon Key. The Hotel was highly recommended by a good friend in the travel business. We were not disappointed. We stayed in Sans Souci. Our room was great and the history behind it made it even more so. We ate in both the Grand Dining Room and The Courtyard at Crane, both were excellent form a food and service perspective. The property is beautiful and we took advantage of the bicycles to tour the island. The pool was great and having the restaurants at The Pier was a plus. Staff was great and if we could have done so, we would have stayed longer. Watching the sunset from the porch off of our room through the oak trees was delightful. First class property and we are so glad we stayed here.

Room Tip: We didn't choose to stay in the main hotel. The rooms in Sans Souci looked beautiful and we were...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mark B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
Atlanta
Reviewed October 3, 2013

A few folks seem to want a typical modern hotel experience and are disappointed with the atmosphere here. I think they are in the minority, though. This is a special place.. a 127 year old hotel that has an incredible history. Yes, the rooms are not brand new, but they are fine for a classic hotel. My room had a nice poolside, waterway view, and a fireplace with 2 sinks in the restroom. But with all there is to do nearby for a few days, who would spend a lot of time in the room here anyway?

The large 25 yard pool was great for swimming laps-- open all the time and towels provided any time. The grill by the pool was very nice. The little downstairs bar was great for football game viewing. A beautiful breakfast buffet is reasonably priced. Several restaurants are within walking distance, and biking the island is safe, relaxing and easy with the bikes available at the hotel.

I left some items in the room by accident, and they were returned to me promptly! I have stayed in all the hotels on the island over the years-- this was my first time here, though. I have nothing but super memories of this hotel--and a desire to return to the Jekyll Club soon!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We recently spent a weekend at the Jekyll Island club hotel and out stay was terrific,from our room to the wonderful breakfast in the main dining room.We have stayed at the hotel in the past and always enjoyed our stay,but this time we had more time and took it to walk the grounds,which to say are very,very beautiful,would not be overstating how they looked.
We very much look forward to our next stay and to try more of their great pastries.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The lobby is nice. The bar is beautiful. The grounds are nice. The rooms are gross they were moldy in the bathroom with ceiling stains. A lot of mold not just a little. It was unacceptable. We left earlier than we were suppose to.

Room Tip: Call another hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank James60898
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We went for a weekend with friends to the Jekyll Island Club. We had a fabulous time and we would love to go back!!! We felt like those millionaires from long ago. We were there for the Beach Music Festival that was happening in Jekyll. It was wonderful to take the hotel shuttle to the beach club and use the complimentary chairs and umbrellas. we were able to walk down to the festival that was on the public beach.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta
Reviewed October 1, 2013

It started off with the person making the reservation not being so pleasant. I was still looking forward to my stay however I got to my room with my husband and son only to find that I have a double bed and not a room with 2 beds as I requested only to be told by Kathryn "oh well that she couldn't do anything and she didn't mind telling me without any sincere concern, then she called up to the room to tell me to pack my bags she was moving me to another room and the bellman was on his way. After waiting 15 minutes she called back to tell me that there wasn't a room and offered a roll away, this was offered even though she told me 30 minutes prior when I asked for a roll away that a roll away was not allowed in the room because it wouldn't fit and the room was too small...Aside from those issues, the room was very old the walls looked as if there was a leak in the ceiling and on the walls as well. The valet guys are really nice and the people in the restaurants were very friendly and the food was pretty good. The property has that old charm but the front desk service was not charming.

• Stayed October 2013
Ireland
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed in one of the house on 3rd floor no lift or no help with luggage. We were on a 3 week holiday so we had full suitcases. The reception said they would send a bell boy over. After 45mins waiting I carried the cases up myself.The only other negative comment is the bell boys need to smile when your arriving in to the hotel each morning otherwise the staff were excellent especially in the pub. Worth while taking the free tour of the hotel it is excellent and done by somebody who has a real passion for the hotel. I will come back again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
#4 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#9 of 9 in Jekyll Island

Been to Jekyll Island Club Resort? Share your experiences!