“Perfect fly in getaway”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Jekyll Island
Lighthouse Point, Florida
“Perfect fly in getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

We flew in to the small airport adjacent to the hotel and they quickly came to pick us up. Check in was easy and they offered us all kinds of options for fun. The room was quaint clean and quiet, just what we ordered. We took bikes around the island, play croquet on their beautifully tended field (although we didn't pack the traditional white outfits), we had one dinner in house and it was delicious. We toured the plantation taking advantage of the unique shops and checking out the antebellum architecture. The breakfast buffet left us thinking mid morning nap! Lunch at Cafe Solterra was delicious, we went back for seconds on soup.
I had them deliver a bottle of wine to our room for arrival and it made for the perfect Valentines day.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed here for one night for a conference on Jekyll Island. The setting was beautiful- it was a lot of fun to be able to explore the historic hotel. The room was nice and comfortable. There was a shuttle to take us back and forth from the conference- very convenient. I would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank EC098
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We came in to stay at the hotel for a long weekend and had a great time. The room was beautiful, and the grounds were gorgeous. Mike at the front desk was great during check in, and the young ladies at Cafe Solterra were wonderful when we went for our morning coffee each day. They went above and beyond to make sure that we had a great experience. We had a fabulous time exploring the property, riding bikes, and taking in the beach. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

This place was awesome, very well kept, gorgeous mature oak trees throughout the property. Room had tons of character, but was kept up nicely and not run down at all. No complaints, everything was fantastic. You can drive or take a bike to the beaches, probably would be too long of a walk ...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Decatur, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was very disappointed with the JICH (Jekyll Island Club Hotel). First, there was an issue with my credit card. My information was compromised and the card was declined by the JICH. The front desk embarrassed me and humiliated me. It turns out my card had just recently been compromised and the bank had yet to notify me. Thankfully, I had another option. Second, the room had all sorts of issues. Mold on the ceiling, the sink piped gurgled every few minutes. the clock radio did not work, and the bathtub had hair in it. The staff are not well trained in customer service. few even said good morning, but specifically the bellman, who was about to take me to another location on the island, got distracted by another visitor and handled their request for bike rentals before me, event though I was first. This made me wait and become much more frustrated with the JICH. When I emailed the JICH using their website, they did not respond. They were not at all helpful or even acknowledge my complaint. I have waited a week for their response prior to writing this review.. it was a bad experience all around for me. There are other hotels on the island that are much more customer-focused. The hotel was just plain arrogant.

Room Tip: Remember, this is an old hotel. Have no expectations of the plumbing.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank jlh999
Memphis, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

My late aunt and uncle moved to Jekyll Island when they retired. They lived in half of a duplex and kept the other half open for family. When our kids were very young, we began taking summer vacations at Jekyll and staying in the duplex. We rode bikes, explored the island and the beach, and always went to the Valdosta State musical performances in the amphitheater - so much fun! As my aunt and uncle grew older, they decided to give up the duplex and move inland. My crew still needed their Jekyll Island fix and we began staying at this wonderful hotel. Our kids picked up croquet and this immediately became a family rivalry event - my daughter and me (the Red and Yellow team) against my wife and son (Black and Blue team)! Our days were full of bike riding, croquet, the beach, wonderful lunches at the Crane House or in the hotel, and fresh seafood at Latitude 31. We last went to Jekyll three years ago - our kids are now in their early twenties. We took them to France for a few weeks this year and on the way back one of them asked, "When can we go back to Jekyll Island again?" I'm ready!!!

Room Tip: We always like to stay in the Sans Souci apartments if possible.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

There are few hotels and vacation destinations that can carry you back in time like is done at Jekyll! From the moment that you drive under the moss laden oaks, past the "cottages" of famous American business scions, until you arrive at the main entrance you have no doubt that you have travelled to a very special place. Lost to our country's rush to replace the old with the new, Jekyll is a commitment to maintain the feel of the playground of famous millionaires of a lost century that included J.P. Morgan, Edison, Crane, Firestone - the real life Gatsbys of a by gone era. The entire property is maintained to the truth of its past, from the elegant dining room - jackets at dinner requested - to the grandeur of the swimming pool that looks to the one side of the palatial old hotel , and the other the Jekyll Island sound. This is the place to unwind. Bike , play golf, horseback ride, tennis, croquet, beach or just sit by the pool as my wife and I did sipping mud slides and rum and cokes, while eating hamburgers cooked on the outdoor grill next to the pool. As you stroll the grounds you will find unusual shops, and good food , not just in the main dining room of the hotel, but in Crane Cottage, and the conveniently located snack shop that serves from breakfast to evening. We had a deluxe double room that over looked the croquet court, and river. As we watched the croquet players in their whites late each afternoon, we could not help but believe that by being a guest at Jekyll that we had tasted the good life of a by gone era. We have visited between Christmas and New Year, and now for a week in May, and can promise you that there is never a bad time to stay here. The only bad thing about the hotel is having to leave!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a porch.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Days Inn & Suites Jekyll Island
The Cloister at Sea Island
The Cloister at Sea Island
#1 of 1 in Sea Island

Been to Jekyll Island Club Resort? Share your experiences!