“Perfection!”

Jekyll Island Club Resort
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Jekyll Island
Reviewed February 24, 2013

A hotel stay like no other. This hotel understands HOSPITALITY. The grounds are amazing. Bike/foot paths that seem to go on forever. A big HIGH 5 to Attila. He showed me customer service like I have rarely seen before. I stopped in to see the Crane Cottage menu, as I was thinking of having dinner there. Long story, short, he booked me one fine table in front of the fireplace for that evening. When I asked about renting a bike for the next couple of hours, he did not hesitate to get on the phone and have a bike delivered to me in less than 10 minutes! Another staff member brought the bike over on a golf cart! Attila was sure to grab a couple of bottles of water for my bike ride! He also mentioned that he would be around when I was having dinner, and he would be happy to show me a couple of suites located in the Crane building! So, after one fine meal, he was waiting for me, and showed me around the property! I have not been this impressed in a long time. My room, with king bed, was located in the "annex" of the main building. Very nice room with large, private enclosed patio, with view of the grounds. The staff at valet and front desk were also very helpful and pleasant. I have not stopped talking about my stay!

Room Tip: I simply cannot imagine a bad room at this hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank ManOnTheMove

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had a room with a living room, and 2 fireplaces. It was a cold weekend and the fireplaces were super, the sounds helped induce sleep, the beds were cushy. Negatives, the Internet was iffy at best, wireless, the TV in the living room didn't work. The "romantic picnic" was less romantic and more high school "cheap". Turtle farm was fun, but very warm.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fireplace.
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The hotel and the island are so unique and truly beautiful. So glad that a friend sent us there. We stayed in very nice new addition, but I'd love to know about the old wing rooms and those in other mansions nearby, all part of hotel.

The turtle farm is well worth stop and shops near the club are fun and reasonable.

Room Tip: Investigate room options ahead.
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The Jekyll Island Club Hotel is a charming turn of the century hotel in a beautiful setting. High ceilings, hardwood floors, pianos and armchairs throughout. Catch the morning sun or sunset on rockers on the wraparound verandahs. The main dining room is not to be missed. Service is impeccable. Breakfast is more than reasonable, and dinner, although a little upscale, is not unreasonable. Did I mention the service was impeccable? Rates are very reasonable.

The island itself is idyllic with waterscape all about. There is a wonderful driftwood beach on the north side, and families shrimp on the south end. There is a sea turtle centre which we will be visiting tomorrow.

The only negative aspect was that we were assigned a room with no view. Otherwise, it was great.

Room Tip: 2217 has no view to speak of. It is a handicap room.
Reviewed February 21, 2013

It's a visit to times past and so enjoyable to stay at the Jekyll Island Club Hotel. The gentleman at the registration desk ( I think his name was William), was very kind and helpful and even called my cell phone to let me know my room was ready. The grounds are beautiful and immaculately well kept. The rooms have that old timey charm and it's fun to imagine yourself living a hundred years ago, being extremely wealthy, and spending the winter at the club. Last time I stayed in the San Souci building and this time I was in the main inn. Next time, I would like to stay in the Cherokee cottage.
If you require constant entertainment and lots of action, don't stay here. But if you are like me and enjoy nature, walking, relaxing on the sun porch with a good book, then this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Check out all the room choices, you may decide you like one cottage better than another, or you may...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We recently celebrated our 45th anniversary here and staying where some of the pioneers of our country visited made for a real trip down memory lane. The Club is beautiful with many porches, a turret in which we "took tea" in a portion of The Grand Dining Room. The tea was perfect and we were delighted to meet a man whose grandfather's picture was hanging in one of the cottages nearby and was one of the founding fathers. What a wonderful beginning to our adventure. The Cafe Solterra is a quaint little shop with delicious pastries and a perfect reuben sandwich. The one disappointment was our anniversary dinner in The Grand Dining Room Saturday night. The salad and wine were perfect. The steaks were properly "done" but arrived cool. The coffee was just okay (cool) and the key lime pie was tasty. My creme brulee was sub par. There seemed to be glue and gunk under this lovely glaze which was a huge disappointment as it is one of my favorite desserts. The waiter was excellent and a charming young man. Our room had a beautiful view of the river and we sauntered around the grounds which were impeccably groomed and the entire "Club" area was superb. The staff were very attentive and the relaxing areas were cozy and warm. You could picture Rockefeller sitting by the fire and discussing the latest duck hunt with his fellow hunting acquaintances.

Room Tip: We had a third floor corner room overlooking the river, some beautiful grounds and the pool. I woul...
Reviewed February 4, 2013

If you are looking for a wild party or to be entertained 24/7, this might not be the vacation that you have been waiting for...If you are looking to rest and relax this just might go down as your best vacation ever. I am not saying that there is not a ton to do there or that it is boring or even that there arent a plethra of things to do but this is more of a relaxed hotel located in a near perfect setting. Although you will be relazed and laid back, the hotel staff is busy making sure that you are taken care of in many different ways from the way that they prepare their fantastic breakfasts to how helpful they are to setting you up with things to do on excursions. One definite draw back is the distance from the hotel to the beach although they even find a way to make that enjoyable. One of the great things about the setting is where it is located on the water so that ships could be docked nearby. There is a lot of history of who used to make this is vacation spot that is fantastic to learn. To get to the beach, they have several vans that shuttle the hotel guest to and from the ocean. The shuttle drivers are as engaging as you would like them to be and have a lot of knowledge about the island. If reading a book by the pool is your cup of tea, you will enjoy the pool setting as it is near perfect for relaxing. The afternoon/evening breezes making walking under the old live oak trees with hanging spanish moss something near to perfect. The grounds are incredible making this an obvious spot for weddings and gatherings. We try to make it down to the hotel once a year to recharge and I am sure that you will enjoy as much as we have!

Stayed: March 2012
Ocean Lodge
Ocean Lodge
#5 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
Jekyll Ocean Club, a Jekyll Island Club Resort

Been to Jekyll Island Club Resort? Share your experiences!