“Felt like a ski chalet”

Red Bug Motors Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Enjoyed the atmosphere as well as the pizza. Service was quick. I probably would have never
gone in if I hadn't read the reviews. Glad the reviews were good. Glad I found this enjoyable pizza
Place.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

This cozy little restaurant with a working fireplace is a gem on Jekyll Island! The delicious hot pizza, fresh salad, and cold draught beer was so good that we had to come back a second time before we departed the island! Tammy, the hostess/bartender/server greets you as you walk in the front door and takes great care of you the entire time that you are there! She is a friendly local native, and is very knowledgeable about the island and surrounding area. Great food, drink, and service! We will be back!!!

1  Thank Jack H
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Although a little hard to find (esp at night) it is very good pizza on home made dough and worth the trip from anywhere on the island... We walked in at 810pm had paid and we're leaving full and happy by 850p. Wife and I couldn't finish a 10in pizza on our own, way bigger than it sounds. Overall it is a cozy place with good food and very cost effective! Our meal and drinks totalled less than $20. We will def go again for the supreme.... extra olives!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I arrived to the Island in the late afternoon. I drove around, trying to get my bearings and looking for a place to eat. I saw this place from the road and decided to check it out. So glad I did. They were in the middle of a bingo game but the entire staff and all the patrons were so friendly. I sat at the bar and had the best pizza ive ever had. The bartender/owner/manager? entered me into a drawing for the very last game and I won a $10 gift card. It was a great experience - great food, atmosphere and staff. I will definitely be back!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

For years I thought that with a name like they have, it is delivery only here. Then i noted the nice reviews on TripAdvisor... and they are largely correct. The pizza is not only very good, but the place actually has a pleasant feel to it. My wife enjoyed a gluten free pizza that was tasty, and we shared a good salad as well.

My only complaint was that this is a smaller restaurant, and the only table available was near the door to the restroom. we sat there briefly, then moved to the bar, as the way too "perfumey" smell was totally ghastly and overwhelming. It seemed OK at every other table except that one. Otherwise, we enjoyed the atmosphere, food and service.