“Fantastic!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Jekyll Island
Reviewed November 10, 2010

Earlier we vacationed at Jekyll for a family vacation. While there we saw the Hampton and decided that when we were again in the area we would give it a try. We did and found it to be a great hotel. We enjoyed a spacious room on the beachside and our room has an outdoor balcony that overlooked the pool. Even thought the weather was cool there was a wonderful warm hot tub located poolside. Also there was a fire pit that they lit each nite surrounded by comfortable couches and chairs. The beach is beautiful, uncluttered with commercial business and sometimes it is like having you own private beach. Not a lot of shells, but we found many sanddollars. For a very relaxing vacation at pristine beach this is the place to go.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dhcsmc321
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island

Reviewed October 29, 2010

The housekeeping practices at this lovely new facility are terrible. The maids came to my room left clean towels, emptied the wastebaskets and that was it. They did not make the beds, they did not leave toilet tissue (I had to call and request it when I was in need), they did not pick up any trash that had fallen out of the wastebaskets, they did not clean the coffee maker or the coffee maker area. They left sugar and creamer spilled on the counter; they did not replenish the coffee supplies. They did not clean the carpets. After complaining I assumed the following day my room would be spotless; boy, was I in for a surprise. They did attempt to make the beds but it looked like a 3-year old had made the bed. They had just thrown the covers over the bed. They still did not clean any other part of the room. The blanket that was left lying on the sofa was left untouched, again, no coffee supplies were replenished but they did, however, leave me toilet tissue. When I complained the only response I received was that they would leave a note for the general manager who would not return until Monday and I was leaving on Sunday, alot of good that did me. The "hot" breakfast was a joke. I was at breakfast at 6:30 in the morning and the food was barely lukewarm then. I can only imagine was it was at 9:00! It is a beautiful facility but it is a shame that management is not interested in running the motel properly. I have stayed at quite a few Hampton Inns without any problems but this one was very disappointing.

4  Thank poohbear3131
Reviewed October 24, 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel while visiting the Georgia Coast. The hotel is very nice. It is a resort like hotel. We had a king suite with a balcony. The suite had a couch, microwave and mini fridge. The rooms were larger than most Hampton Inns. There is a very nice boardwalk than goes to the beach. The breakfast was typical Hampton Inn that was always stocked. Even though some of the rooms have a balcony, there is no beach view. You are looking at the dunes with vegetation and the beach is not visible. If you want to see the beach from your room, there are several hotels further down the street that do have views. For such a large facility, we were surprised that there were only 2 luggage carts. We had to carry our bags over several trips to our room. The staff could not locate a cart for us. If using your GPS, it will tell you to take the first right turn after paying the $5 parking fee for the island. If you take this turn, you will arrive at the 4-H site. Just go a mile further down the road and you will see the Hampton Inn on the right. If you go to the second road to the right, you will see signs that will lead you to the Hampton Inn. We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It was very peaceful and quiet.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rdwacw
Reviewed October 23, 2010

Very nice hotel, staff was extremely helpful. I would definately stay here again.

1  Thank Nuke63
Reviewed October 18, 2010

An example: I went to the front desk to rent a bike, they were out. Rather than saying "sorry, we've run out" they said "we're out, come on I'll take you to another rental place". It's that kind of positive, guest-focused attitude that will keep me coming back.

The rooms were clean and spacious. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location and facilities are very good. Room cleaning was later in the day than I'd prefer, although I have no doubt that if I stated my preference they would honored it. A very enjoyable stay.

1  Thank GJY
Reviewed October 17, 2010

We stayed at the Hampton a couple weeks ago in early 2010. This was our first time to the area. We enjoyed bike riding on the island, kayaking and going to St. Simons Island nearby.

The Hampton was very enjoyable and I agree with most of the other reviews on the positive aspects. A couple of things they could improve: while we visited the hot tub was inoperable becuase they needed a new heating element. Would think they would keep spares for these kinds of situations. The hotel also has a very nice fire pit but the night we want to use it the staff could not figure out how to start it. Another morning we dicided to go bike riding and asked if our room could be cleaned while we were out. It turns our we were gone for 5 hours and they did not clean the room. Anyway these are the small issues we had but overall it is a very nice property and we had a great time.

I will share a couple of things we enjoyed that others did not touch on. The bike riding is great but what is really nice is that the sand on the becah is hard packed at low tide so you can ride for miles at a good pace on the beach.

There is no gas on the island currently so don't excpect to fill up there. I believe one station was being built.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2010

My daughter, my 2 grandchilden and I stayed for one night at the new Hampton on Jekyll Island. The hotel staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful and the rooms were very large with comfortable beds with nice decorations. However,there were a few things that would prevent me from giving it a rating of 5. One was that they allow dogs in the rooms in this beautiful new hotel with nice carpet on the bedroom floors. We saw a lot of people with little dogs (some barking) while we waited on the only elevator that was working that day. The one that was working was very slow and we were on the top floor. The fan in the bathroom was on a motion detector and I found it noisy and irratating because it ran for a long time after leaving the bathroom. Also,in both our bathrooms (we had adjoining rooms) the temperature indicator handle in the tub was installed incorrectly - the cold water was where "hot" was written and the hot water was where "cold" was written on the plate on the wall of the tub. I think this could be dangerous for their guests. The complimentary breakfast was not up to par with other Hampton Inns and Suites that we have stayed in in other cities. It is a beautiful hotel and realize some of the things we did not like can be changed.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jekyll Island
#9 of 9 in Jekyll Island
Hampton Inn St. Simons Island
Hampton Inn St. Simons Island
#2 of 10 in Saint Simons Island

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island? Share your experiences!