“Nice Hotel, Friendly Staff”

Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Jekyll Island
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here twice. Staff always friendly. Love that they have a bar. Pool area nice but closes too early, its a vacation for petes sake. Great breakfast, nice clean rooms. Will return for sure. If only they had room service..

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Brandee H

Reviewed July 20, 2014

I have a concern that the Hampton Inn on Jekyll Island has 2 elevators that are currently 3 months past the inspection date. They do not sound good at all. We have stayed here every year for the past 4 years and the hotel is only 5 years old I believe. I am surprised to see how run down the hotel has become in only one year. From the pool liner needing to be replaced to the TVs in the room being brunt out,it has lines all across it with fuzzy picture and the color is off, to the AC unit destroying the siding of the building on our balcony, to the non-functioning rinse off stations off the beach. The rinse off station broke last year while we were here and it is still broke this time. This would contribute to the sand in the pool ruining the liner. I do plan on giving my same comments directly to the hotel but the elevators being pass inspection date needs to be brought to corporate's attention. With the Westin building a new hotel and Holiday Inn Resorts coming next year as well, Hampton Inn will now have competition. They did improve the outside dining/picnic area as well as they now have beach chairs that they provide for guest. However, if things don't change I will be looking for a new hotel next year.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Cherlyn G
Trevor S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Please rest assured that our elevators' inspection is indeed up to date.
We appreciate you calling it to our attention as we needed to have the elevator card updated too.
It is important to me that we maintain a fantastic hotel and value this guest insight so we can always improve. Thank you again.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is a very nice hotel in a great location. The pool, access to the beach, and staff were all outstanding. I was there on business but took my family with me. The kids really enjoyed the pool and beach.

2  Thank Jason M
Reviewed July 18, 2014

This hotel is one of if not the best Hampton Inn I have ever stayed in. Facilities well maintained, clean and fresh. Staff were all very nice and helpful. My only complaint is the internet is too slow to watch youtube or other streaming services.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

My stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites on Jekyll Island was wonderful. The room was spacious and the beds very comfortable also very clean! My niece and I stayed in room 420 with pool view. We had 2 Queen beds, a small fridge and microwave. There were a lot of people on our floor but you could not hear a thing while in your room. The bathroom was wide and plenty of hot water! Hair dryer and iron included. The staff were very pleasant. The free breakfast was delicious and plentiful. Eggs, sausage links, oatmeal, muffins of all kinds, waffles that you make fresh and hot yourself, and cereal. Free coffee, milk, hot chocolate, OJ and many other type juices. The pool area was beautiful with music playing on small speakers in the well manicured flower beds. The walkway to the beach is located right behind the pool area. It is covered by wonderful trees and opens out to dunes that have been well preserved. The beach was wonderful and wide and not crowded. We stayed July 9th thru the 12th 2014 ... so for the beach to be open was great! You can rent chairs and umbrellas for the beach from the hotel lobby. We also rented bikes from the hotel. The bikes are in good condition with wide seats for comfort. Plenty of bike paths around the island. The Summer Waves water park is right around the corner about 2 miles from the hotel and was super fun. The location of this hotel is close to all the activities on the island but feels like a hideaway. It is a beautiful place to stay on Jekyll Island. We enjoyed it very much and will return for more family getaways.

Room Tip: This hotel only has 4 floors - choose a room with pool view and balcony or enjoy tree views.
1  Thank ReginaE123
Trevor S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

We appreciate your feedback of our hotel. It is truly a pleasure to learn about your stay with us and your satisfaction with our amenities and location. We do hope you return often to our hideaway with your family. Thank you.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I have stayed here before for business & always look forward to coming back as it gives me the wonderful opportunity to feel like I'm vacationing instead of working. The rooms are spacious with high ceilings, clean and comfortable. The lobby is beautiful, more like a resort-look than your typical Hampton Inn. The pool area also looks like a small resort, with comfortable & plentiful seating around it. I especially like the pass through window to the bar area for convenience. There is also a beautiful, tree-covered deck area where I sat & read for over an hour. Too bad there wasn't a hammock or I could have just slept there!

This visit found me ordering dinner at the bar one evening and while service was slow and maybe a bit sloppy (well, I'm still thinking resort perhaps - for a HI it was fine), the hamburger was surprisingly very tasty.

Room Tip: Room 139, while convenient, offers a view of a privacy wall. At least you're not looking right...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2014

My stay was wonderful. I plan on visiting again soon. The room was nice and clean and the staff was nice and friendly. Everything was great. I am going to try to visit again very soon and this is the location I plan to choose. My kids enjoyed the pool and the beach and so did my husband and myself.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jekyll Island
#9 of 9 in Jekyll Island
Hampton Inn St. Simons Island
Hampton Inn St. Simons Island
#2 of 10 in Saint Simons Island

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island? Share your experiences!