Stayed here one night to break up our trip to southern Florida. We needed a pet friendly hotel and this was a pleasant surprise. Although it's about 12 miles off of I-95, and there is a $6 toll to get on the island, I believe it was well worth it. We arrived around 9 pm after a long day of driving. When I asked about nearest restaurants for a quick meal, the staff member pointed out the bar and mentioned they had several appetizers/heavy snacks on the menu. This was a great option for us since we didn't have to get back in the car. The room was over-sized, with a sitting area and a couch, and there was a nice balcony. Although there were other dogs on the hall, we didn't hear any noise during the night. We were near the stairwell, which made it easy for us to take our dog out for a walk, and there were plenty of grassy areas for him to explore. They also provided waste baggies. The next morning, I discovered the beautiful boardwalk to the beach and was able to view the beautiful sunrise. The pool area and surrounding sitting area was beautiful, and there was a fire pit where you could sit around and relax at night. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet and found all of the staff members to be very pleasant. I would highly recommend this hotel - best Hampton Inn I've ever seen!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's tempting to spend your days at the Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island on the unspoiled beaches that line the perimeter of the tiny island paradise. However, don't miss out on learning more about the colorful story of the Jekyll Island Club on a guided tour of the history-rich mansion-size cottages that have drawn visitors to this locale for more than a century. Once a retreat for America's elite families, you can add your name to the likes of the Rockefellers, Carnegies and Morgans and join the friendly team at our hotel on Jekyll Island for a truly unique American experience. Don't forget your golf clubs. Jekyll Island isn't considered Georgia's premier golf destination for nothing. Pine Lakes Golf Course features "family-friendly" tee boxes for truly evenly-matched play. Indian Mound sprawls through some of the island's most scenic landscape and the local favorite, Oleander, follows Jekyll Island's inland lakes and pine forests, creating challenging holes and rewarding views. The history, the beaches, the golf - you'll find a golden getaway on Georgia's Golden Isle. Our hotel features Lobby Bar, Extended Pool Terrace with Kids Pool, Zero Entry Main Pool, and on deck fire pit; Bike Rentals are available on site. Take a 100yd stroll thru the Maritime Forrest and discover Jekyll Island's beautiful South Beach area. For weddings, reunions or family vacations, we have what you need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island Hotel Jekyll Island
- Hampton Inn And Suites Jekyll Island