We recently completed our second stay at the Hampton Inn on Jekyll Island, GA. Jekyll has always been special for me & my husband so we've visited a lot over the last 8 years. Our last two visits have been our favorites and the Hampton played a huge part in that.
The hotel location is ideal. They don't have ocean views from the hotel because of the dunes/trees but it's still gorgeous. You're immersed in local flora & fauna and the lanscaping really does make it seem like the hotel is part of the beach forest (as we call it) instead of clearing the land and plopping down a building. The short walk on the bridge/boardwalk becomes an event itself as you see walk under the canopy of the shade trees and see Jekyll's fantastic nature up close.
Inside ammenties are wonderful. The complimentary hot breakfast buffet is good. The waffle maker is always the most popular with our group. :) It's nothing earth-shattering - standard eggs, meat offerings, pastries/breads, etc, but it's always tasty and plentiful. The beverage bar (coffee & tea) and cookies make a nice treat when you come in from an afternoon of sightseeing or beach bumming. Our rooms have always been clean and comfortable and the staff always friendly and helpful.
We've stayed at 2 other Jekyll hotels (and one in Brunswick) and I'll always recomment the Hampton on Jekyll as the best place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's tempting to spend your days at the Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island on the unspoiled beaches that line the perimeter of the tiny island paradise. However, don't miss out on learning more about the colorful story of the Jekyll Island Club on a guided tour of the history-rich mansion-size cottages that have drawn visitors to this locale for more than a century. Once a retreat for America's elite families, you can add your name to the likes of the Rockefellers, Carnegies and Morgans and join the friendly team at our hotel on Jekyll Island for a truly unique American experience. Don't forget your golf clubs. Jekyll Island isn't considered Georgia's premier golf destination for nothing. Pine Lakes Golf Course features "family-friendly" tee boxes for truly evenly-matched play. Indian Mound sprawls through some of the island's most scenic landscape and the local favorite, Oleander, follows Jekyll Island's inland lakes and pine forests, creating challenging holes and rewarding views. The history, the beaches, the golf - you'll find a golden getaway on Georgia's Golden Isle. Our hotel features Lobby Bar, Extended Pool Terrace with Kids Pool, Zero Entry Main Pool, and on deck fire pit; Bike Rentals are available on site. Take a 100yd stroll thru the Maritime Forrest and discover Jekyll Island's beautiful South Beach area. For weddings, reunions or family vacations, we have what you need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Jekyll Island
- Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island Hotel Jekyll Island