We changed our minds last minute about staying in nearby Brunswick and stayed instead on Jekyll Island, and it was a great choice! This is one of the nicest Hampton Inns I have ever stayed in, and the location can't be beat. The hotel was completed in late 2010, so it still has a lot of elements of being new. Everything was exceptionally clean and well apportioned.
The hotel is situated about 75-100 yards off the beach so it's to oceanfront, but it is definitely oceanside as they bill it. The pool area is terrific with a whirlpool, children's pool and a zero-entry pool that was a good size. We were ale to stay in the large shallow end with our 17-month old son while lots of kids were playing in the deeper end, and we never felt bothered.
From the pool, the hotel has built a beautiful wooden boardwalk through the trees and dunes to the beach. And what a great beach it is! In mid-June the water was already bath water temperature, and the sandis perfect for little kids. It is not dig-your-toes-in sand, but rather a smooth flat surface perfect for walking, running or riding bikes. There were very few waves, and those that were there we're very gentle and allowed for easy wading in the ocean.
We had a large king suite that was perfect. It had a room with a small divider, so it was not a true suite, but there was plenty of room to move about, and it also had a large bathroom.
Breakfast was great and not just because it was free. Everything was hot and fresh, and there was plenty to go around even though the hotel was packed. Plenty of seating, too. The hotel also had a bar that served appetizer-type food along with some sandwiches. You could sit inside or order from a window by the pool and take food out there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's tempting to spend your days at the Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island on the unspoiled beaches that line the perimeter of the tiny island paradise. However, don't miss out on learning more about the colorful story of the Jekyll Island Club on a guided tour of the history-rich mansion-size cottages that have drawn visitors to this locale for more than a century. Once a retreat for America's elite families, you can add your name to the likes of the Rockefellers, Carnegies and Morgans and join the friendly team at our hotel on Jekyll Island for a truly unique American experience. Don't forget your golf clubs. Jekyll Island isn't considered Georgia's premier golf destination for nothing. Pine Lakes Golf Course features "family-friendly" tee boxes for truly evenly-matched play. Indian Mound sprawls through some of the island's most scenic landscape and the local favorite, Oleander, follows Jekyll Island's inland lakes and pine forests, creating challenging holes and rewarding views. The history, the beaches, the golf - you'll find a golden getaway on Georgia's Golden Isle. Our hotel features Lobby Bar, Extended Pool Terrace with Kids Pool, Zero Entry Main Pool, and on deck fire pit; Bike Rentals are available on site. Take a 100yd stroll thru the Maritime Forrest and discover Jekyll Island's beautiful South Beach area. For weddings, reunions or family vacations, we have what you need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island Hotel Jekyll Island
- Hampton Inn And Suites Jekyll Island