“Very pleasant surprise”

Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Jekyll Island
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I have been going to Jekyll Island all my life, and have seen a number of hotels come and go during the past 50+ years. The Hampton is the first new hotel on the island in over 30 years and is a welcome addition. Very comfortable rooms, a short boardwalk to the beach, large pool and deck area, fitness room etc. Best place "on" the beach at Jekyll.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,996)

Reviewed June 9, 2011

I love this place! So beautiful and super comfy. It's hard to beat a view of Jekyll. I went with friends and we had a great time. I just saw on Facebook that GA tourism is giving away 2 nights there for free! The contest is on June 15. I know I'm entering! You can enter at www.facebook.com/exploregeorgia

Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 8, 2011

We absolutely love this hotel. It is beautifully maintained and is in a great location right on the beach. We also love that we can bring our small dog at a very reasonable cost. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Another fine example of Hampton's continued successful efforts in giving guests a very clean and beautiful place to stay. Applause to the housekeeping staff who do a superb job in cleaning the rooms and supplying clean fresh smelling bedding. The maintenance crew do an outstanding job at keeping the grounds immaculate and beautiful, and the front desk staff is friendly and helpful. Pets allowed!! Absolutely no complaints here what-so-ever. 5 star in every aspect!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PILOT42
Reviewed May 28, 2011

I was excited to finally have a new hotel on Jekyll Island and hurriedly booked a reservation for July 2010. I paid in advance and the rates were reasonable. And I would never go back again!!! I paid in advance but they still charged my credit card when I checked in for an amount that was more than the cost of the one night's stay that was reserved and paid for in advance!! Not one thing was said at the front desk when I checked in that they would do this. This was a regular room for me and my husband for one night and we are both middle-aged black people not young kids who might damage a room. I discovered the charge when I got back home and called them. They were of no help and the national customer service was a nightmare: rude people who don't have to work, if you can go by their nasty attitude toward customers, anyway. I was finally contacted by someone in customer service who promised me a free night's stay voucher. A year later, I'm still waiting.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
19  Thank gloriagwilliams
Reviewed May 27, 2011

I stayed at this hotel in May with my wife and two young children. We arrived here late one night after a bad experience at a hotel in Florida. We had visited Jekyll Island in the past, but not stayed on the island and didn't know what to expect. We found the hotel to be clean and comfortable and the staff to be very friendly and helpful. Kudos to the bartender who was very nice to our young inquisitive daughter.
The hotel does have beach access, but be prepared to walk a short boardwalk through some trees to get there. We didn't find this to be a problem at all, but if you are carrying a lot, it could get tricky. The beach was almost deserted while we were there, which was amazing. The beach was great and all, but we all loved the pool even more. You can walk right into the pool, so it is very shallow at the start which was perfect for our 4 year old and helpful for getting the 1 year old in his float.
Overall, we had a wonderful time here and the hotel was just what we needed after a long drive.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank C-Pat21
Reviewed May 20, 2011

Wonderful new facility on one of the most peaceful islands on the East Coast. The staff provided excellent service, the room was extremely spacious. The free breakfasts were pretty basic, but the biscuits and gravy they served one morning were outstanding. We have stayed on Jekyll for many years, and this will now be our number one choice for staying on Jekyll.

Room Tip: Advertised hotel special on their Facebook page.