“Better prices, better food, better atmosphere, brilliant!!!”
Review of Driftwood Bistro

Driftwood Bistro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Casual theme low country cuisine specializing in fresh vegetables and unique entree items featuring Wild Georgia Shrimp, Stuffed Collard Greens, Signature Pastas and Shrimp Creole. Traditional favorites like Yankee Pot Roast, Shrimp and Grits, Stuffed Baked Flounder, Fried Grilled or Blackened Wild Georgia Shrimp (did I mention that we serve Wild Gorgia Shrimp). Unique sandwiches like our Veggie Wrap and Cracker Cuban as well as burgers and salads. Full service bar specializing in frozen specialty drinks from Top Shelf Margaritas,Peach Daiquiris and Rum Bar Smashes.
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I went with my family today to the driftwood bistro, frankly not expecting much from it but going due to the little selection of choices to eat out in Jekyll Island. As soon as we walked in we were met with this great atmosphere, the place is completely authentic and was a lovely place to eat. I'm not quite sure what the other reviews are on about when they say poor service as our waitress although straight faced throughout was really pleasant and very good at her job and kept my refillable sodas topped up throughout. The food itself was amazing quality, so amazing in fact that despite only staying two nights in Jekyll Island we are planning on returning tomorrow night for round two!

For all you wine enthusiasts out there you will be very happy to know that the wines are sold at super market prices! With a good selection too! At the risk of sounding over enthusiastic here I have to mention the prices, they are super low and for the quality of the food I would expect much higher. The manager was even nice enough to leave the kitchen and come and speak to us upon request despite the restaurant being completely full and people waiting for a table. The last noticeable point is the busyness of the place, if I have by any chance persuaded you to visit, which hopefully I have, get there early as it fills up quick and last orders at 8:30! Hope you enjoy your meal!

There are newer reviews for Driftwood Bistro

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Just ate dinner at the DB. Everything from the buffalo shrimp, shrimp creole, to the bourbon peach cobbler was simply delicious. The buffalo shrimp had the perfect spicy taste. I ordered the petite shrimp creole with a side dish of collard greens (the best ever). The creole had a nice bite to it with plenty of fresh vegetables. For dessert I shared the bourbon peach cobbler with my husband. Now that was a great meal. The price was right and the food was outstanding. The wait staff could not have been more professional and attentive. I will definitely return to this restaurant when I visit Jekyll Island again.

J in Harrisburg, NC

Reviewed August 4, 2014

My husband and I ate here while on Jekyll Island and it was excellent. We were told there would be a 20-25 minute wait, when in fact we were seated in 10 mins. The hostess was delightful and our waiter was very good. They were busy, but our meal arrived in a reasonable time.
I had the grilled wild Georgia shrimp platter and my husband had the Shrimp and Grits, both were mouth-watering. We enjoyed a bottle of wine($10) and the Warm Peach Cobbler a la mode.
The carved fish hangings on the walls are a story all by themselves, ask your waiter to read it.
We would definitely return here in the future.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

this restaurant is excellent value for the price and food is great; frankly the only reason we went twice on our trip. the service is average; hostesses barely muster a smile when you walk in the door clearly underexperienced, we saw several people clearly angry when we were there and tables of people leave due to long wait . Especially surprising in the friendly south. But like I said the food is great and a great value for the money- enough so to make me forget the faces that greeted us with kindness (not) when we walked in the door :) And the ten dollar wine bottle is an added plus! Our favorites, mac and cheese, bread pudding and squash casserole.

1  Thank howdyfolks100
Reviewed August 2, 2014

The food was awesome and the prices are surprisingly reasonable. I had the Yankee Pot Roast and my husband had the herbed pork loin. Neither of us were disappointed. For dessert, we had the bread pudding, which did not disappoint!