“dans the man”
Review of Driftwood Bistro

Driftwood Bistro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Casual theme low country cuisine specializing in fresh vegetables and unique entree items featuring Wild Georgia Shrimp, Stuffed Collard Greens, Signature Pastas and Shrimp Creole. Traditional favorites like Yankee Pot Roast, Shrimp and Grits, Stuffed Baked Flounder, Fried Grilled or Blackened Wild Georgia Shrimp (did I mention that we serve Wild Gorgia Shrimp). Unique sandwiches like our Veggie Wrap and Cracker Cuban as well as burgers and salads. Full service bar specializing in frozen specialty drinks from Top Shelf Margaritas,Peach Daiquiris and Rum Bar Smashes.
Reviewed August 22, 2013

my dad came from florida for my birthday and the owner dan gave us a personal tour of his restaurant showcasing all his art for sale on the walls and the food was great as always they also have a great lunch menu

Reviewed August 20, 2013

After reading reviews of this restaurant we were excited to try it, especially because food options on jekyll are limited and not that great. I am not quite sure what everyone is raving about. The service was fine- not great, not bad.

The food- okay, I will give the crab bisque an A. It appeared to be homemade as my husband found the bay leaf! It was thick and creamy with good amounts of crab. That was the best part of our meal by far. I ordered the shrimp and grits with a side of green beans. I ordered grilled shrimp but it came blackened. The grits and sauce had no flavor. The green beans were absolutely disgusting- out of a can, mushy and bland. My husband got the shrimp creole. It was clearly made with canned tomatoes and also had no flavor- tasteless. The Mac and cheese he got as a side was also tasteless. I did like that you could order smaller portion sizes and was glad to have ordered the petite size after tasting it. I would not recommend.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This restaurant offers many southern dishes and sides, all were delicious! It is a first-come-first-serve place and on a busy Saturday night our party of 10 waited 35 minutes, but it was definitely worth the wait! We had some tasty fried green tomatoes to start. Their menu has something for everyone: basics like pizza bites and pork tenderloin (for our picky eaters) to a unique version of shrimp & grits (featuring wild-caught GA shrimp) to a southern version of cabbage rolls, using collard greens in place of cabbage! The sides were equally interesting: from basics like fries and green beans to southern favorites like cheese grits and coleslaw to incredible creations like sweet potato soufflé and squash casserole! The desserts were also divine: chocolate lava cake a la mode, bourbon peach cobbler, Southern banana pudding and key lime pie. The service was very friendly, attentive and quick. We were there with quite a few young children and were worried that they would be loud, but the hostess seated us in the backroom where the kids fit in just fine! We all walked away full and happy! We recommend this place highly!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The food was excellent. The service was great. We had dinner and drinks before heading back to our condo.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Food is wonderful. A group of five of us had dinner there last night. We are from different ages and different countries, but we all enjoyed the food there very much!