“Food was excellent!”
Review of The Wharf

The Wharf
Ranked #11 of 36 Restaurants in Jekyll Island
Description: The Island's only waterfront restaurant and bar, The Wharf is located on the edge of Jekyll Island's historic pier, steps from Jekyll Island Club Resort. A live music stage hosts the best bands throughout the year, an all-day bar menu offers Southern favorites to eat and drink, and the nautical-themed indoor/outdoor space provides the perfect setting for a good time.
Reviewed March 17, 2019

I was looking for something different and discovered this. I went about 5 PM on a Weds. I am a single diner, and like always, I got a poor seat - back by the kitchen door. I did, at least, get a table by the window. The food was excellent. I had fish and calamari. There was enough Calamari for an army! And it was great. So was the fish!
Service was pretty good - but being in the back (the very last table....even though the place was pretty empty), she was not super attentive.... I get it that single diners are not the best for tips, but I always tip 20-25% or more....IF I get good service. I would return, thigh, despite my not being super happy with the treatment.

Date of visit: March 2019
BruceW1996, General Manager at The Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2019

We are glad to know you enjoyed your meal. We are sorry you felt this way about the service. We have informed the management team and be assured they will use your comments for future training. We hope you will stop in again .

Reviewed March 14, 2019

Replaced the old Latitude which was ready to be closed .The wharf was spotless good service great food great location April was the bartender and provided awesome service

Date of visit: March 2019

Thanks for stopping in to The Wharf recently. Glad to hear you liked the renovations and we appreciate the feedback. April is a great asset to the restaurant team and we will pass on your nice comments to her directly.

Reviewed March 13, 2019 via mobile

Went to the Warf today with great friends newly moved to St Simon Island.
Seated be a lovely lady, Trish, also known as Herb.
Sat by the windows over looking the bay and marsh area... very picturesque.

Had crab cake blt, oyster po'boy. and the best blackened mahi I have ever tasted.

We highly recommend... great service great food and the Greeter was absolutely GREAT !!!

Date of visit: March 2019
BruceW1996, General Manager at The Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2019

Thank you for stopping in and dining with us. We do appreciate the feedback. It sounds like everyone had a marvelous dining experience. Our restaurant team is really great and we will pass your nice comments on to both the server and the hostess. Join us again soon.

Reviewed March 13, 2019

The restaurant is great looking, light and bright with wonderful views from the wharf, the food is fine and service attentive. However despite being the 2nd table seated (so the kitchen should have been ready), we waited over half an hour for our lunch, which was nothing complicated (shrimp and a salad). So it's probably fine if you want to extend the cocktail hour or have a long uninterrupted chat, but not if you're hungry.

Date of visit: March 2019

The owners did do a fabulous job with the remodel of The Wharf as you describe as light and bright, and of course the wonderful views of the river and marsh. We apologize for the wait time on your food. Your comments have been passed on to the manager directly. We will strive to do better and always appreciate the feedback. We hope that you will give us another try in the near future.

Reviewed March 11, 2019 via mobile

I ordered house wine and the waitress said it was sold out so I ordered a different wine and the waitress said it was probably sold out. What?!?!?!
We ordered wedge salads and had to search for the toppings. We ended up requesting more dressing and blue cheese.
When it was time to order the entree the waitress informed us the there was no airport chicken or clams for the seafood boil. My friend ordered the seafood boil anyway which was served lukewarm with no crawfish and only shrimp. She should have been informed it was a meal big enough for 2-3 people not a one person serving. I ordered the haddock sandwich. It was so overcooked I thought it was chicken. I told the waitress no bun or Mayo because of allergies. It was served with a bun and Mayo. We were very disappointed.

The view of the marsh was beautiful and we enjoyed the entertainment.

Date of visit: March 2019

We do thank you stopping in for dinner and glad to hear you enjoyed the band and the spectacular views. We are sorry to hear of the service you received and we apologize. If you have a moment to contact the Director of Food and Beverage so we could obtain some additional information, we would appreciate it. 800-535-9547