“dinner was fantastic”

Jekyll Island Seafood Company
Ranked #24 of 37 Restaurants in Jekyll Island
Reviewed May 2, 2019

Wonderful fish tacos and my husband had the Penne with Shrimp!!
Wonderful to sit on the patio with the ocean breeze

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed April 9, 2019

My family and I went to the Jekyll Marketplace on a busy Saturday in April. The marketplace was packed with people because the Book Fair was going on. We were starving and looking around for a place to eat and saw this restaurant. After going inside, I was surprised to find the restaurant completely empty and after speaking with the hostess, she informed me that it would be a 30-minute wait. I was shocked because I didn't even see one table sat in the restaurant. She then told me that they had only two servers and one cook and I replied to her, "Two servers and one cook on a busy Saturday afternoon?" Needless to say, we left and found another great restaurant nearby. Apparently, they don't want or need any business.

Date of visit: April 2019
2  Thank Chelsey B
Reviewed March 27, 2019

We arrived on Jekyll island about noon. We were very hungry and ended up here. It was very good. We all enjoyed our meals. We sat outside on their veranda.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 2, 2019

We stopped here for a cocktail and appetizer before dinner. The staff was friendly but not well trained. Service was earnest but sloppy. I had to ask 3 times for water. My cocktail (Georgia Peach) was delicious as were the crab bites. Environment isn't especially inviting -- stark and commercial-like. It didn't help that we were the only customers. The place has potential but needs some fine tuning.

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank LudwellMom
Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

All 3 entrees we ordered were outstanding and tasted uniquely excellent. Don’t leave the island without eating here.

Date of visit: February 2019