“Not worth the price paid”

Days Inn & Suites Jekyll Island
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Jekyll Island
Reviewed August 6, 2009

Upon arrival at our room the bathroom light was out and we called the front desk to have maintenance replace it. A maintenance person was there within 5-10 minutes and replaced the light which was a terrific response.
All the ice machines were broke on the one side of the hotel and so we had to walk
a little bit to get ice which was ok but not convenient.
The breakfast bar was opened from 6-10am and offered the usual continental fare
of muffins, bagels, and dough nuts, as well as cold cereal and fresh fruit with coffee,
hot tea, and juices. The only bad thing was if you were not an early riser like we were
not on the first day, there would be no room to sit as the families with multiple children
would invade the area, until breakfast was over.
We had some bugs crawl on us in bed the first night that seem to be just some
flying ants from outside, that could've come in after being attracted to the light
inside the room. And, my wife seemed to think that some bug bit her while asleep
as she has some bug bites on her leg from our last night in bed.
Other then all this the only good things that make this property is the two family sized pools and the great location to the beach.
We stayed at this property last in October of 1990 and the bottom line for us is
that it was a better place to stay back in that time then it was this time.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amtraveler360

Reviewed July 29, 2009

My wife and I stayed with our 8 week old infant. We requested and ground floor and a quiet room and the staff accomodated us. The rooms are a little older but the price of the room reflects that compared to other lodging on Jekyll. The place is right on the beach so we enjoyed our morning and evening strolls collecting sand dollars.
We requested and extra hour to check out and the desk gladly let us do that. We would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael D
Reviewed July 26, 2009

The staff was super, the room was clean and nice. Thetwo pools were great! The path to the beach was close and such a beautiful sight. The breakfast was yummt and even served juice boxes for the children and waffles, plenty of babanas and lot's of healthy choices! It was a great place for families, quiet and peacful! 2 thumbs up!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2009

The room was a pleasant surprise. I had read several negative reviews on tripadvisor and I was a little concerned. Our stay was very nice. The room was spacious and nicely decorated. We emjoyed the breakfast room, especially the view of the ocean. The breakfast wasn't great, but it was okay. They had your typical breakfasts of cereal , muffins, fruit, yougurt, and waffles. The weather was great, and it was nice to be so close to the ocean. Having 2 large pools right beside the beach was nice because it kept them from being overly crowded. The motel was not nearly as modern as some, but it was very clean, and the staff was very nice to us.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank debcanton
Reviewed July 9, 2009

This was our 3rd time here, and we were not disappointed. The room was clean, pool was clean and the free breakfast was good. We had not requested a pack-n-play when reserving the room but my husband asked upon check-in. Before we were done unloading the car, someone was there and setting it up for us! My only regret was my fault - now that we have 3 kids (one of them age 1), we definitely should have sprung for the one-bedroom suite!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2009

My wife and I both really enjoyed our recent stay at the Days Inn at Jekyll Island GA. The hotel was very clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful and the location was great.

My wife and I are both retired now and when our children were little we use to bring them to Jekyll Island as it was and still is very family oriented. We had never stayed at this Days Inn but after reading the online reviews we decided to stay here this time. We were very pleased from start to finish. I had made reservations weeks in advance but the day before we were due to arrive I called ahead to make sure we were assigned a room that would meet our preferences. The gentlemen I talked to was very helpful (His first name started with “J”). When we arrived the room was a very good choice and in a good location for our needs. The refrigerator in our room was not working properly so we called the front desk to report this right before we went to dinner. When we returned to our room after dinner the refrigerator was already fixed. Great Service!

The breakfast was very adequate and well organized to handle the flow of people. The swimming pools were kept very clean and clean bath towels were always available.

Our stay took in the July 4th weekend and this was a great location to enjoy the Jekyll Island firework display.

We had a great stay and definitely return to this Days Inn.

RAW, Cumming, GA

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2009

My husband and I chose to visit Jekyll Island because it appeared to be less "touristy" than other islands and we were really happy that we did. We chose the Days Inn because of reviews saying it was in a great location and it definitely was--it almost felt like we had our own personal beach! The convention center is on one side of the hotel and there wasn't much on the other side, which might have helped to keep the beach less crowded in that area. We even saw dolphins every day, which may be true of other locations on the island as well, but it was really exciting for us.

The hotel was pretty much what I expected based on other reviews. It was clean for the most part (however, one of the first things we saw when we got to the room was a cigarette butt on the floor even though we were in a non-smoking room and there was an old washcloth in the garbage can in the bathroom). After spending a few days on the beach I was actually glad that the room wasn't any nicer than it was because of all the sand we ended up dragging into the room with us! We were on the 2nd floor and had an oceanview room--since it was a public balcony we had to keep the curtains closed more than we would have liked to, but the view was good when we had it open. Breakfast was in a nice room and was fine except one day my husband had milk that was spoiled even though it hadn't expired yet and they didn't have the waffle items out until our third morning there even though there was a place for it the first two mornings. We only used the pools once, but they were very nice.

A few annoying things happened--the Internet didn't work at first because the router was out (tech support couldn't tell me this even after 2 calls and I thought they could have mentioned this when I checked in), we got locked out of our room twice (once because the door "chain" got pushed shut by the curtain, which must happen often enough that the front desk knew exactly what happened, and once because the key card no longer worked), and they charge for local calls (maybe other hotels do this too, but I didn't know and neither did one of the staff members when I asked about the charges on the bill).

For the most part, I was happy with our stay and do feel that the Days Inn is probably the best option on the island in terms of location. It seemed like a great place for families, but maybe not the best if you're looking for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
#3 of 9 in Jekyll Island
Best Western Plus St. Simons
Best Western Plus St. Simons
#4 of 10 in Saint Simons Island

Been to Days Inn & Suites Jekyll Island? Share your experiences!