“Excellent place to stay in Jekyll”

Days Inn & Suites Jekyll Island
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Jekyll Island
“Excellent place to stay in Jekyll”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

If you are looking for a 5 star resort, skip Jekyll. The island is full of history and it seems every square inch is protected by the Jekyll Island authorities to try to preserve and keep it as natural as possible. All the Hotels except one have been there for quite a while. Days Inn & Suites does an excellent job maintaining their hotel considering the amount of family traffic they have and the age of the hotel. We have been visiting Jekyll each summer for approximately 10 years. We have stayed at several of the hotels including the high priced Jekyll Island Club. For the money, Days Inn is the best! The rooms are clean. They do not smell old and like mold(several of the hotels do.) The pools are clean and in great shape. They have free breakfast. The staff is nice. Our bathtub drained slowly the first night so we called maintenance. They arrived within 15 minutes and cleared it within 5 minutes. We actually had reservations for the Jekyll Island Club but we were so disappointed in the way our room looked and smelled that we left and came to Days Inn. We will come back next year and we will make reservations for Days Inn and skip the high priced Jekyll Island Club!

Room Tip: The suites are worth the money. Go for the bottom floor suite they are less expensive.
5 Thank 1ohd1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stayed July 7~8 2012 This motel is not worth the money that we paid. For starters the motel is old with very little upkeep. The owners need to reinvent some of the high price rate they charge for the room back into the motel. The first floor Sand dune view was full of bugs, we killed 3 spiders, 2 cockroaches and numerous mosquito. The bugs were so bad in the room, I had to ask the first desk for a can of bugs spray to spray the room down.

The furniture is outdated, the towel rack and vents are rusted and just like another reviewer, the housekeeping does not clean above 2 feet up the wall because of the numerous spider webs on the ceiling and wall. Also, threshold at the outside door had a 1/4 inch crack that I believe allows the bugs in the room.

When you need to shake out your clothes and baggage for insect before going into your house, stay in a different hotel next time.

4 Thank Reggie A
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This place was ok. But nothing I would write home about. Not too apealing when the first thing you see when you walk into the room is a toliet. And you see the mold around the top rim of the toliet. They should aleast shut the door. Things very old and dirty. I had to clean the sink out. The spout in the sink was nasty when I put the wash colth up to it all kinds of black stuff came of my wash cloth. It needs alot of up keep.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Prancer98
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We were very pleased with this hotel. The room was spotless, and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful, breakfast exceeded expectations--I just don't have anything negative to say about it. Great job, guys!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Angela B
georgia
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Called Hotel directly at 11:15 am on July 3rd ( today) to get a reservation for July 4th and Simone told me that she had availability for two rooms for the night of July 4th and gave me the options of oceanside for one room or parking lot side for 9 available rooms. I asked if I could call her back so tha I could give my family the info. and asked her name. I told her I would call right back to book.
I called back at 11:33am. and spoke to Simone again and she said yes I do have availabitlity but the oceanside has been booked. I said it is ok, because we want two doubles on the parking lot side. She said ok and started booking,Then she said oh,I see my manager has put a stipulation of a two night minimum and I said well I just called. I asked Simone if she would aske her manager to please consider letting us have the rooms for one night as I had just called and you had given me information on availability for one night. She put me on hold and came back and said Sorry, the manager will not reconsider!!
Simone was very nice and polite and I could tell that she was sincerely sorry, but what kind of management is that? I asked if I could call back and I feel that they should have honered what they told me!!
Obviously, they do not care about honesty. I live close to Jekyll and will be telling everyone I know about the poor customer service here!! Booked on St. Simon's island instead !! Had they not been so greedy, we could have spent our money with them!!

Room Tip: Don't book Here!!
6 Thank southernproud
Raleigh NC
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We had a great stay here on the way home from FL. Great family spot, tons of kids. We got a 2nd floor room with pool and ocean veiw. Everyone was very friendly, hotel was well maintained, older but reminded me of beach trips of my youth. Breakfast was very simple, only hot food was waffels, so there was a long line there. Would stay gain.

Room Tip: 2nd floor - ask fro beach view side of hotel.
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel for a couple nights. It is right on the beach. The room was very clean, hotel was well maintained. The breakfast was bagels, muffins, toast, instant oatmeal, waffles - fine for a quick start.

There are two pools - only visited the one near the kiddy pool. It was a little small but fine for us. The kiddy pool is 1 1/2 ft deep and probably 6-8 feet across. There is a hottub about the same size. The pool on the other side of the walk seemed a bit larger (and also seemed to be where the guests without small children congregated). The hotel provides towels by the pool.

We would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
#1 of 9 in Jekyll Island
Hampton Inn St. Simons Island
Hampton Inn St. Simons Island
#2 of 10 in Saint Simons Island

Been to Days Inn & Suites Jekyll Island? Share your experiences!