All reviewsbeach houserusty anchorfire pitkids eat freemartini barthird floorocean viewpool barmorning coffeebike patheasy accessbeach sideresort feecoffee makersand dollarshot tubrent bikes
Reviewed August 20, 2017

I am writing this review related to my wedding only. I spent a lot of time RESEARCHING the hotels on Jekyll Island because I don't live there but our wedding was there. I spent a lot of time on the phone with the representative with Holiday Inn about our guests and the accommodations for our wedding, because everyone was coming in from out of town to Jekyll Island (because no one lived in Jekyll Island). I was assured that it would be amazing. So after I blocked the rooms for all of my guests, there was a military ball planned at the hotel the same weekend as my wedding. This hotel was not prepared for the amount of guests that were in the hotel this weekend. A lot of my guests reserved rooms with two queen/double beds. Their reservations were switched to a room with 1 king bed. This was horrible because most of our guests were families with multiple kids. To make matters worse because of the military ball they didn't have ANY roll away beds. When I demanded to speak to a manager (it was night time) they DIDN'T HAVE A MANAGER on site. So our guests were ALL SCREWED for the night. Some of our guests had teenagers that had to SLEEP ON THE FLOOR. Can you imagine paying $200 a night and your kid has to sleep on the floor? I was so angry because this was supposed to be a great weekend for our close friends and family and the hotel situation ended up being such a nightmare for everyone. On top of that the staff kept paging and calling the manager over and over again and she never called or answered or page. So they essentially had no manager there to handle any of the problems in the evening or night time and the staff was clueless. I called the corp number and let them know what was going on, they also promised someone would get in touch with us NO ONE CALLED. I will NEVER book with another Holiday Inn for anything important ever again. In my opinion what happened is the ball was more of a money maker for them so they could have cared less about my wedding. What's even more disappointing is that no one reached out to me afterwards either to try and right the situation. They have lost a customer for life. We travel all the time (as ya'll can see) and we go out of our way to not stay at Holiday Inns. (Our wedding was in April btw it just took me a while to write me the review because I was that sick about it).

Room Tip: The rooms with a beach view only have a king size bed
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
5  Thank LeahjW
HIR-GM, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Jekyll Island, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

Dear LeahjW,

I do apologize that your event did not go as planned. Someone from our Hotel Sales Department will be in touch with you to discuss your issues. We do appreciate your business and would welcome the opportunity to improve our impression with you on your next visit to Jekyll Island. Best Regards,

Reviewed August 20, 2017

The A/C was dripping condensation inside the wall, which was making the carpet wet to three feet from the wall and the wall damp. Black mold was on the inside wall. This was not something new for this room; mold does not grow overnight. I reported this and they vacuumed up the carpet, but did not fix the A/C. They said they would not repair the A/C unless we moved to another room, and they did offer to give us another room. It was our decision to stay in that room for 4 nights, with sopping wet carpet and mold.
There is a small balcony with a view of the ocean if you are on the 2nd floor.
The hotel has been recently refurbished, but it is like a 3 star hotel refurbishment; things just seem kind of cheap.
The WiFi was very good and free. There is a small refrigerator, a small microwave, and a coffee maker.
The grounds were nicely maintained. But we did not appreciate gasoline leaf blowers at 8 a.m. I think they were blowing off the adjacent restaurant patio.
When checking out, their printer was broken so they could not give me a statement or receipt.
All in all, it is a nice enough place for a family trip to the beach--not luxurious by any means but OK. We may go back.

Room Tip: Definitely 2nd floor if you want to see the ocean.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple

Thank you, XenophonAnabasis, for taking your time to post a review of our Holiday Inn Resort Jekyll Island. I do apologize that our stay with us was not a pleasant one. I will be addressing your concerns with our staff to ensure these issues corrected. We do appreciate your business and would welcome the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to Jekyll Island. Best Regards,

Reviewed August 18, 2017

Online this hotel appeared to be amazing however once checked in, we were shocked! As soon as we entered the room we noticed the ac had leaked all over the floor, the coffee maker didn't work and neither did the fridge. We complained several times and finally they fixed the ac and fridge but never bothered with the coffee maker. As if that was not bad enough considering the pricing of this place, when we entered the pool area we were totally shocked at the condition of the pool! It appeared unclean with tons of bugs and what looked like goo and spit all in the water. We left and came back to the pool later to find even more horror. There were cigarette butts in the water along with drinks from the bar as well as several large dead dragonflies. We also later overheard staff telling a potential visitor that you didn't even have to be a paying customer to walk in and use the pool and facilities! We paid almost $1000 and this place was a huge let down as far as cleanliness and upkeep! Would NOT recommend and will Not go back to this hotel again!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank willowgarrison

Thank you, willowgarrison, for taking your time to post a review of our Holiday Inn Resort, Jekyll Island. I am so sorry to read that your stay with us was not a pleasant one. I am reviewing your concerns with our staff and assure you that these issues will be addressed. We do appreciate your business and would welcome the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to Jekyll Island. Best Regards,

Reviewed August 17, 2017

Staff was very friendly from checkin to checkout. The hotel itself is very clean and well looked after. We were in room in 115 which gave walk out beach access and pool access. The room was clean large and comfortable. The two queen beds were excellent as we both slept well. The bathroom was a good size and again very clean.

The beach was a 2 min walk and I am attaching a picture of the sunrise it was breath taking. Overall and excellent experience. I would like to give special mention to the lady at checkout this morning. She was so friendly and made the stay just another reason to come back. I am sorry I did not get her name but hopefully management will know who I am talking about. She was there at 6:30 am. Hopefully that helps.

Room Tip: main floor rooms give you walk out beach access. Only issue is there are no outside lights by your door.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
HIR-GM, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Jekyll Island, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2017

Thank you for sharing your stay with us and hope you will come back real soon.

Reviewed August 17, 2017

A perfect hotel for a visit to Jekyll Island. We have stayed here before and will continue to stay every time we visit This beautiful Island. The location couldn't be better. It is direct ocean front. They have a lovely restaurant on the grounds and also a poolside bar overlooking the ocean. What's not to love.

Room Tip: Better view of the ocean and private balcony on second level
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple

We're glad you had a great stay and hope to see you again soon.