Villas by the Sea Resort & Conference Center
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island(Jekyll Island)(Great Value!)
$233
$184
Hampton.com
Holiday Inn Resort Jekyll Island(Jekyll Island)(Great Value!)
$161
$144
HolidayInn.com
$244
$229
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Quality Inn & Suites(Jekyll Island)
$123
$119
QualityInn
Days Inn & Suites Jekyll Island(Jekyll Island)(Great Value!)
$115
Travelocity
$191
$348
Travelocity
Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthouse(Saint Simons Island)(Great Value!)
$159
Hotels.com
Ocean Lodge(Saint Simons Island)
$183
The Beachview Club(Jekyll Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbedroom villadriftwood beachdriftwood bistrohigh tidefull kitchenthree bedroomonsite restaurantbeach accessfamily reunionisland sideocean frontbit datedhistoric districtbike rentalsnice pooloff seasonunits
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 15, 2010

After the recent passing of my parents i needed a quite get away, this was it. I had visited Villas by The Sea a few years back with my parents and remembered how they loved it! So, I returned to visit with those memories in hand. My how much better this place looks after a few years of attention. I was told it has been under new management, well it shows. The staff members love their jobs and the place is looking fresher. The pool, the landscape, the boardwalk and most importantly my unit. Villa 260, altough it was not an ocean front unit it was spectaculair. The restraraunt too is a gem, nice comfort meals and a lower price small portion, interesting concept!
I will be returning this winter for a longer stay, 1 week is not enough.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank bobseatac
Reviewed September 13, 2010

My wife and i stayed at the Villas for 3 months March, April and May. WOW we had a nice relaxing stay. The staff was extremely special. every time we needed something it was always their "pleasure". My bike had a flat tire and the maintence chief stopped at the bike store and picked me up a new tire, had it installed and the THANKED ME FOR BEING THERE. The restaraunt is a wonderful value with bottles of wine for $10. The boardwalk was a great meeting place for all the new friends we made. A ton of middle aged folks from all over the U.S. stay at this place through the entire winter. All the staf got to know us by name and it was nice to hear Mr. and Mrs. preceeded.
We will be returning this late fall for the entire winter. what a great deal with the full kitchens. Jekyll island and the Villas is a quiet respice with 3 golf courses and many wonderful folks.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank billydwilliams1952
Reviewed September 10, 2010

Stayed at this fully appointed Condo resort for a week. The staff was wonderful, they made my vacation special, they even went shopping for me so I could stay with my Husband and enjoy the wonderfully quite surroundings. The Boardwalk is a gem, the full kitchens in the unit saved us a lot of money, and i didn't mind cooking, especially with my view out the kitchen being the ocean. I am going to tell my parents they need to do ther annual SnowBird trip this winter. The long term rates (3 months) are les than my rent in Chicago.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HJWilliam
Reviewed September 10, 2010

We highly recommend The Villas by the Sea-this was our second trip. The grounds with all the plantings was so tropical- We were able to go to sleep hearing the waves from our condo and wake up, after our stop at the cafe for our morning coffee, to return and sit on our balcony with an amazing view. We found plenty to do around the island and did alittle bike tour, you can rent there. Not far, there is horse back riding available. The pool area was clean, restaurant served an excellent meal. We found it is peaceful to sit on the board walk in the evening -true serenity

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cat55289
Reviewed September 3, 2010

We stayed in villa 413 and were very pleasantly surprised. Based on the reviews I was worried. The resort was very nice and we enjoyed the boardwalk. The villa itself was immaculate and appeared to be well taken care of. We stayed 2 days with our small (very spoiled) dog and the villa did not appear to have any signs that there had been previous pets there. The bathroom was a little small but not so small that 1 person couldn't get ready comfortably. I am terrified of bugs and never saw anything in the villa. We did heed the posted warnings and kept the doors closed. The beach was non-existant at high tide but the boardwalk still allowed us to take a stroll along the water. Our dog loved Driftwood beach - her first experience in the ocean. There were larger beaches available down the road.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple