We just returned from our stay at Villas By the Sea on Jekyll Island. The Villa (Condo) was a 3 bedroom unit with 2 stories, 2 baths. We had plenty of space for the 6 of us (2 adults/4 kids). Each floor had a balcony with chairs and a table that overlooked a small playground. My husband was able to grill near the playground, and I could keep an extra eye on my younger 2 on the playground from the balcony. We would certainly recommend the Villas and Unit 231, in particular.
The beach is a short walk away, and the pool is HUGE, very well maintained, and CLEAN. The kiddie pool has a small fountain and a ride on toy for smaller children.
Everyone we met on Jekyll was friendly, laid back and pleasant - very accommodating. We felt welcome everywhere we went. It was early in June and the beach areas were not crowded at all, in fact my 8 year old asked us if we could find a beach with more people! We went to the public beach. We found more people, but not a crowd.
It's no wonder that they say once your feet have touched the sand, you'll return! We will be back! We LOVED the historic area, and are thinking of going back alone to stay at the Jekyll Island Club. I submitted photos of our Unit and the Pool ... hope they get posted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas by the Sea Resort is an enchanting oceanside resort and conference center on Jekyll Island, Georgia. AAA 3 Diamond Rating. Choose from one of our 160 spacious one, two, or three bedroom villas whch are individually decorated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villas by the Sea Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas By The Sea Hotel Jekyll Island
- Villas By The Sea Resort And Conference Center
- Hotel By The Sea
- Resort By The Sea