“Perfect weekend!”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Jekyll Island
Winter Park, Florida
“Perfect weekend!”
Reviewed May 23, 2006

Villas by the Seas handled a golf outing for 32 players flawlessly, from check-in to check-out. The facility sits on a prime piece of waterfront real estate on Jekyll Island and the newly renovated rooms are a pleasure to stay in. Staff is friendly and eager to help which contributed to a perfect weekend.

Highly recommended!

6 Thank IronmanGolf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 11, 2006

I attended an annual conference at the Villas by the Sea in April and once again I was impressed! I attend meetings and events all over and no other hotel has ever made me feel as comfortable as the Villas by the Sea. Each time I have stayed at the Villas by the Sea, which has been 3 times now, I have been greeted with smiles upon arrival and have always been impressed with my room which has always been different each trip. I look forward to my trips to the Villas by the Sea and wish more hotels were as nice.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 5, 2006

We attended a Spring Conference at Villas By The Sea and we were all VERY pleased with everything!!! The Villas (more like condos), were all very nicely decorated and clean, it was nice because we could share a villa (we had a two bedroom) and yet, did not feel as though our privacy was diminished in any way. The meeting rooms were great and worked very well for our agenda, and the food was delicious as well. What a lovely place to 'get away' from the hustle and bustle of where meetings are usually held, (Atlanta) - no traffic to fight, and people are so friendly and the atmosphere is relaxing. We really felt as though what we gained from the conference was so much more than if we had been in a large city and had to worry with parking, traffic, whether or not the hotel we got would be close to the meeting site, etc. We will definitely use Villas By The Sea again for future meetings or even retreats, and on a personal note - I will be back for a family getaway as well! Very nice indeed.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed March 26, 2006

My husband brought me here for my Birthday weekend. It was a surprise, and boy what a surprise. The Villas by the Sea is an absolutely georgous place. The oceanview from our Villa was magnificent with a beautiful morning sunrise. The grounds are well maintained and very tropical. The staff was very warm and friendly. Our villa was very romantic and cozy. We will be back for many years to come. Love it!!!!!

Stayed February 2006
11 Thank 151GMC
Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed March 22, 2006

I was at the Villas by the sea for a conference and was amazed at how different and great the hotel was compared to others. Just by driving past other island hotels to get to the Villas, I could tell a difference. I hope that the conference I attended will be conducted at the Villas on Jekyll Island next year which I am sure it will be. GREAT, GREAT, GREAT!!!

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
9 Thank beach31525
Gainesville, Georgia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,046 helpful votes
Reviewed January 16, 2006

nice place but there is a reason it's only $100 a night. the beach wasn't there at all just a seawall but the condos were okay but were beginning to show some age. i don't think i'd go back.

• Stayed April 2004
8 Thank Bbqman3341
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed January 4, 2006

We are a middle aged couple from Ohio who must have two bedrooms when we travel. The Villas By The Sea is perfect! The bedrooms are wonderful and the commen areas are spacious and nicely decorated. The beach is right outside your door. We have stayed at this property several times and will continue to do so, every chance we get!

10 Thank exploringgeorgia
Days Inn & Suites Jekyll Island
Ocean Lodge
Ocean Lodge
#4 of 10 in Saint Simons Island

Been to Villas by the Sea Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!