Villas by the Sea Resort & Conference Center
$222
$209
  • Pool
Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island(Jekyll Island)(Great Value!)
$209
$184
Hampton.com
Holiday Inn Resort Jekyll Island(Jekyll Island)(Great Value!)
$161
$144
HolidayInn.com
$191
Quality Inn & Suites(Jekyll Island)
$126
QualityInn
Days Inn & Suites Jekyll Island(Jekyll Island)(Great Value!)
$115
Travelocity
$287
$279
Travelocity
Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthouse(Saint Simons Island)(Great Value!)
$159
TripAdvisor
Ocean Lodge(Saint Simons Island)
$183
The Beachview Club(Jekyll Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbedroom villadriftwood beachdriftwood bistrohigh tidefull kitchenthree bedroomonsite restaurantbeach accessfamily reunionisland sideocean frontbit datedhistoric districtbike rentalsnice pooloff seasonunits
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I phoned and was pricing rooms.The reservation process was an issue I was mispriced when I called back. I was between here and the Oceanside with a 20 room difference. I picked up a pamphlet from the rest area so went with the villas. SO wish I'd went with the Oceaside! I called back booked the room and repeated several times I want an OCEAN VIEW! Well to them ocean view means a back yard area with access to the river. The oceanside had a ocean view! Oceanside has been bought by Hilton and is extensively being remodeled reopening in 2014. The villas is various condos it was clean the bed was good, but no ocean view, outdated decorating. They tried updating by adding a glass tile backsplash in the kitchen area. BUT Villa 203 needs help!! The shower head is an aerator type. The Quality Inn was across the street from the beach and Oceanside and looked very clean! I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Leisaowens
Ryan M, Director of Sales at Villas by the Sea Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

We appreciate you staying with us and writing a review. We apologize that we did not explain your room type in more detail. Our one bedroom ocean-side rooms do not have a view of the ocean. We have trees between our resort and the ocean. We would have gladly found you other accommodations had we known of your dissatisfaction. Please consider staying with us again.

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Reservations was a bit of drama but after speaking with three people we where all on the same page and our room was exactly what we asked for.
Yes the rooms are outdated. Yes we saw one bug (but it was dead so not an issue for me). However, our room had everything we needed (even things we forgot to consider like pot holders, coffee, ice cream scoop) but each one could be owned by someone different. I didn't see another room so I ant attest to them.

The location isn't exactly on the beach if you are looking to go layout or have a day in the ocean for the family. It is though adjacent to driftwood beach which was the highlight of the island for me personally.

If you want a day at the beach, go somewhere else. And by that I mean Florida. Here the water is gross, we saw 3-4 ft sharks in water that didn't even come up to our knees (and I'm short!) but the worst part is the sand fleas! I have 13 bites just on one arm, after that I didn't bother to count the rest of my body.

Biking the island is cool, but rent from the mini golf place (it's cheaper).

We were in an end unit and never heard our neighbors. That was a plus.

The pool is tiny an well shaded. For a family, it's great.

Overall, if I went back to the island I would stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank traveller625
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time to stay at Villas by the Sea. It was very enjoyable and the staff were friendly and accommodating. When we initially went into our condo unit we realized there was only a shower in this particular one. The front desk was very helpful in arranging to give us another unit that had a tub rather than just the shower. Each unit is different so what one has the other may not have which is something to be aware of if there is anything of concern for your accommodations. The pool was very nice though doesn't open until 10:00 am. There were a few days we wished it opened a bit earlier. The unit itself was nice and comfortable. I would recommend staying here and look forward to my next stay. It is right next to the beach and pier. Some closer than others depending on the unit you have but none of them are too far. Overall ery enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a conference there and it was great - my room was neat and clean. They accommodated the needs of 250 people. I did go a couple of days before the conference and enjoyed the area. Went to the public beach and it was clean and quiet (but it was a weekday and kids have started back to school). Would definitely go back when I can.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I thought the villas were cozy, a little dated, but for the value...they were just perfect. Had playgrounds, friendly squirrels, pool--everything we needed to stay occupied. As the hotel states, at high tide you have no beach area. They were upfront about this. It was slightly disappointing to have only 4 hours of beach time. We rented bikes and went to public beach access for an all-day beach visit. Driftwood Beach is fun to visit, but bring your mosquito spray. We had a great time!

• Stayed: September 2013