Villas by the Sea Resort & Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island(Jekyll Island)(Great Value!)
$199
$179
Hampton.com
Holiday Inn Resort Jekyll Island(Jekyll Island)(Great Value!)
$189
Quality Inn & Suites(Jekyll Island)
$172
QualityInn
$157
$199
Travelocity
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $234/night.

$309
$219
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $252/night.

$436
Orbitz.com
$169
Travelocity
Ocean Lodge(Saint Simons Island)
$329
Hotels.com
The Beachview Club(Jekyll Island)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbedroom villadriftwood beachdriftwood bistrohigh tidefull kitchenthree bedroomonsite restaurantbeach accessfamily reunionisland sideocean frontbit datedhistoric districtbike rentalsoff seasonnice poolunits
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was the worst 4experience that I ever received while trying to check in this hotel and I did not get past check in bc they did not honor what was told to me by the phone. First of all I live three hours away from Jekyll Island, GA. My husband and I called the hotel to make reservations and we spoke with lady named "NINA" and she told us we could get minisuite room walk in rate for $54.00 or $56.00. I said, can we reserve the room to guarantee it and do you have several of these rooms available? She said, yes we have plenty available and we wont fill up. I said, we will be there in three hours. So, we got off the phone and we drove three hours away to this hotel. When we got to the front desk, another lady greated us and said, she knew nothing about that walkin rate for minisuite and she does not have a minisuite available. Thank goodness I remembered the ladys name that I spoke with on the phone earlier. SO, I said, I spoke with Nina three hours ago and she said, she had plenty of these walkin rooms available for that rate bc she said, your busy time just ended as lot of groups checked out today. Then the lady walked into her office to speak with Nina but Nina did not even have the respect to come to the front to speak to me about this issue and she was right there in the back office room. She had another lady handled her situation for her. Then the frontdesk clerk said, we can put you in upgraded room that is one bedroom room but it cost more money, it will be 64 or 69.00. I said, this is false advertisement and we should be given this one bedroom room for 54.00 and not have to pay this amount bc it is not our fault that we were told something that is not true. I said, customer service should give us this room for 54.00 since you do not have the room available that was told to us by phone by Nina and we drove 2 hours expecting this price. She said, I can not do that. Then she walked in the back office again to speak with Nina then she came back to say, we can have the room cleaned for you that you requested but you will have to wait hour or two. NOTE IT WAS ALREADY almost 6pm at night. I said, no we are tired and we should not have to wait on room to be cleaned whenever we were told 3 hours ago that this mini suite was ready to rent for 54.00 and NINA told us she had plenty of rooms like this one. I said, you should give us a clean room that is ready now and not have to wait on dirty room to be cleaned and you should honor the 54.00 rate not make us pay 64.00 or 69.00 for one bedroom. The least she could do is give us another room for that rate as this is not our fault and we should have never been told this false misleading info. by phone. I also asked for supervisor above NINA since she is the one who told us this by phone?? Note NINA still never showed her face to us in the lobby, she made the other girl handle it, even with the girl telling her we want management. this was unreal. My husband and I left to say the least. We looked at veiw other places but they were way to high. AGAIN WE ONLY CAME TO THIS BEACH BC WE FOUND A ROOM BY PHONE AT THIS RATE THAT WE COULD AFFORD. so drove all the way back home the same night three hours away. wasted trip.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tina b
Ryan M, Director of Sales at Villas by the Sea Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

I am very sorry for what you experienced on arrival. You are correct; you should have been upgraded to another room type for no additional charge. That is our hotel policy. The situation has been addressed with our staff and we thank you for bringing it to our attention. Please contact me so that we can make this incident right.
Ryan Merritt
Director of Sales
1-800-841-6262 x 2

Reviewed February 1, 2013

on the plus side...room rate was great for off season, was greeted very enthusiastically, bistro on premises was excellent and fast friendly service, room was very clean,bed was comfortable, lit beach boardwalk ,stars shown so bright and watching then the sun come up over the ocean was wonderful

bad side...needs some definite updating-felt like back in the 70s, shower was cramped and did not get great flow or warmth....

would stay again but had to rate average

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MTS55
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed at villas for the second time. Due to our first visit on the island my husband and I thought it was a great place to get married. The rooms on the ocean side were much nicer than the island side where we stayed previously which was a plus. We had three rooms. All three rooms were nice but the one with the two bedroom only had one bathroom and one of the one bedrooms only had a shower. We had a beach driftwood wedding that turned out nice. The weather was lovely with a little breeze.The photographer did a LOVELY job. I would recommend people to stay here and have a wedding in there lovely location. Just be sure for the turn down service, to have all items put away. My husband gave our daughter a ring at the ceremony. She took it off and I laid it on the dresser before we went out. Everyone was tired once we arrived back. The next morning when it was time to pack and leave we saw the ring was gone. I looked every where. I moved all the furniture, look under the bed, check the kitchen and bath. My in-laws had forgot a movie in the dvd player. I called and left house keeping messages and never got a call back. I never received my sand jar from my ceremony. I was told it was in my room. I took picture of every thing and no I didn't get it. So that was a waste of $75.00.The person that married us had the wrong names. Even though we corrected her once I received our photos we still had the wrong name on them.I also didn't like the fact that she texted me at 12:00 am a week prior. That was unprofessional to me. Overall our visit was nice.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jennifer D
Ryan M, Director of Sales at Villas by the Sea Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thanks for reviewing us. We are so happy you choose to have your wedding with us and that it was just as you had imagined it would be. I’m sorry that your ring was misplaced and could not be found. I also apologize that you were not returned the other items you forgot and left behind. Items are often forgotten when traveling and we do our best to relocate them with their owners. Please except our apology on behalf of the clergy who performed your ceremony. You should have received a professional service. Thanks again for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I decided to drive down to Jekyll Island for 3 nights and then onward to Orlando, with my 2 teenage daughters. Got a 2 bdr villa overlooking the ocean. I already knew it wasn't standard ocean view per se with the shrubs and such. We really enjoyed our villa. It was gorgeous, clean and comfortable. While we ended up not going to FL as I went on the horseback riding tour on Jekyll Island and fell off the horse because the saddle slipped and broke my arm, the v illa itself was lovely. My kids really liked it too. Definitely a nice unwind.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Cinnamongirl63
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We decided to book on Jekyll Island after a running race in Savannah. We would return again. The reception staff was very accommodating and very friendly. Food at the lounge was plentiful and very good. The mac & cheese side was delicious.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ryan M, Director of Sales at Villas by the Sea Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thanks for reviewing us! We are so glad you chose to stay with us. We hope next time you will have the chance to stay longer. There are so many things to see and do on Jekyll; you really need more time to enjoy it all. We look forward to seeing you again soon!