First, of you are looking for a beautiful beach vacation Jekyll island is not the place. Stick with the gulf!
We stayed in a villa, like a town home with a downstairs kitchen/living room and 2 bedrooms upstairs.
Kitchen: decently stocked, little dish soaps and towels, working appliances
Bedrooms: good size, plenty of storage
Beds very soft, stingy with pillows
Bathroom: good size, if you have kids specifically ask for a unit with a bathtub.
Service: rooms were not cleaned during our 4 day stay. Towels were switched and trash cans were emptied.
Overall: beach is "available" from 2-4pm otherwise tide is too high and no beach is usable. Pool is nice but no food available for the family and it's very shady, so the pool is freezing. There were a few bugs in our condo, but I guess it's expected on such a natural island. Had to pack up the family and drive 5 minutes to a beach that was usable the whole day. The units are really decent, a bit old but not horrible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas by the Sea Resort is an enchanting oceanside resort and conference center on Jekyll Island, Georgia. AAA 3 Diamond Rating. Choose from one of our 160 spacious one, two, or three bedroom villas whch are individually decorated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Villas by the Sea Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas By The Sea Resort And Conference Center
- Villas By The Sea Hotel Jekyll Island
- Hotel By The Sea
- Resort By The Sea