“A good course that provides a challenge”

Jekyll Island Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: A popular club among local golfers.
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My wife and I played this course as well as all of the other courses on the island. It has some challenging holes that can easily add a double to your score card. The woods can come into play if you are prone to a slice or hook The traps were filled with sand that was easy hit from. I did find that my gps gave a more accurate distance as some of the holes seemed to play longer than listed. Maybe I'm just getting old. I shot an 89 which is four shots over my average. Nice course in a beautiful setting

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I am sorry, but I cannot remember which of the 3 courses I played. I believe it starts with the letter O. Very well designed course, the pace of play was terrific (which is always huge in my opinion), and the greens held well. Lots of water, but not too many of them involved a forced carry. Most of the water hazards were to the side, laterals. On the 9th hole, I hit my 2nd shot while a 7-foot gator watched me from about 15 feet away!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I played the front 9 on the Pine Lakes this past Sunday. It was my first experience of golfing on the island and I was very impressed. I started with a decent practice session on the driving range. $3 for a 30 ball token, or 4 for $10 was a good deal. I actually asked for 3 tokens, but the Pro in the shop advised me that i could get an extra one for only $1 more - he didn't have to mention that, but nice of him to do so.
Although we were hitting off the rougher ground in front of the normal range, it was perfectly fine and the putting greens and chipping area were immaculate.
The course itself had overseeded tees and green approaches (I think the greens too, but could be wrong). The fairways were nice and green too, although late on a Sunday afternoon the grass was on the long side, but still very playable.
The greens were perfect. Firm, but holding on the second bounce and pretty slick. The grass coverage was very consistent and a joy to putt on.
The layout through the beautiful tall pines reminded me of Pinehurst in many ways and it was a very easy walk as the distance from green to next tee was minimal. The great thing was that this place is built for golf and golf only - no houses bordering the fairways. In fact the only building I saw was the clubhouse when I got back to the ninth hole!
For $16 this was tremendous value and I can't wait to get back and play the rest of the Pine Lakes and the Oleander.

1  Thank David R
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Went with friends for lunch at the clubhouse. Very enthusiastic waitress. Good lunch at relatively reasonable price. 2 people, lunch, 1 beer 1 tea = $32 with tip. I had large salad w/chicken, wife had a wrap and only ate half, doggie bag for the other half.

Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Played pine course. Great weather lite breeze widest course with some traps an water not like Indian mound course. Course if flat with dog legs tee box fairways an greens are in great shape