“Nice place”
Review of Quality Inn

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jefferson
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed there this past weekend for the UGA Buffalo game. It was a great place to stay away from the madness. I will defiantly take advantage of its close proximity to Athens but at a great price. Food was good and the front desk was awesome.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 29, 2012

This hotel is perfectly located for a trip I make once or twice a month and want to get North of Atlanta traffic to continue North the next morning. With over twenty stays in the last 18 months I have not seen the issues in the negative reviews. Did they put their review in for the wrong place? Old analog TV? Not true. Peeling wallpaper? Never saw any. I must admit I don't get down and crawl around the floor, but I've never noticed evidence of poor housekeeping, been short towels, smelled mold, etc. Actually, I'm very allergic to mold and yet have never been congested in the morning. I haven't used the pool, but it is indoors and looks inviting. Breakfast is typical of all other Comfort Inns ... everything you need but self-serve. Could they improve? Sure, I'd like mints on the pillow.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This property has made some great upgrades and renovations! I have stayed a few times over the years and have always felt the staff was friendly and the accomodations were up to par. The location is a great stop if leaving Georgia or coming to, before hitting the metro area. I would definitely stay again. The ammenities are all current. Flat screens, refrigerator and microwave in the room.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 16, 2010

Traveling to North Georgia/Blue Ridge for one week getaway with my wife, 16 month old daughter, and my in-laws. Haven't gone to sleep yet, but will be shortly. We only spoke with one person here so far, the front desk guy, who is a middle-aged or slightly older man who appears to be of south Eurasian heritage and with a mustache. He was quite friendly, and very accommodating, and I have no issue with him.

However, there is still a moldy/musty smell -- I wouldn't say urine, but definitely not the most pleasant. The wallpaper is peeling from the corners, and I had to bathe my baby daughter early tonight and kept her off the floors afterward because after only 15 minutes of crawling around, her knees and the tops of her feet were almost black from the filth in the floor. Definitely the facilities maintenance has been lacking.

Also, one of our washcloths was dirty in appearance (dark stain covered more than half of it). Asked for several replacements (since we had to use even my in-laws' cloths for something) and a few of them were the same way. Apparently their bleach is quite weak.

The television is old, appears to be analog cable, 4x3 format. No big deal, but other hotels for less price have 16x9 high def digital cable.

Beware.

Oh, I almost forgot... we'll never be so quick to let our baby crawl in a hotel room again -- we picked her up and found a dead Carolina Wolf spider in her hand. Fortunately, it had already been dead and somewhat dessicated, but had it been live and she found it...

We only came here because of bad timing, on a big U-GA home game night, and the hotels in Athens were naturally booked and expensive. Decent price here, but nasty, nasty room.

As I type, the people above us are stomping around their room, and the people in the room next to us are watching a moderately volumed television. There's only unsecured, wide-open WiFi, on a Linksys router, which I don't recommend anyone use without encryption, and there's only one RJ-45 ethernet port in the room. Bring your CAT-5.

Haven't had a complete stay yet,

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed September 14, 2010

We called this hotel twice before making a reservation asking if they would be able to give a possible upgrade to a suite. We are diamond members with choice and when he noticed that he agreed.
Twice we called and he agreed.
So we made our reservation using our points, as agreed and traveled to Jefferson later that day. Upon checkin, way past the cacellation time, the man behind the desk tells us we are not going to get our upgrade and the manager will not speak with us about it, nor will he give us any info to call and ask the manager why he lied.
So long story short, we are trapped into having a lousy room at this hotel without having to lose our points for a free night.
Then as we get into our room it reeks of some kind of mold smell. The first floor all smells of mold.
After calling choice and letting them know what happened, they offered to return our points. Gladly that is being given back to us. :)

There was one towel also in the room. Did I meantion the smell of mold? If you search this hotel as I did on google, you will see all the other smell complains as well.

I will check out asap and not ever come back here.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2010

Stayed one night at this hotel. Was one night too many. Hallway smells of urine, mildew, smoke and something else unidentifiable. Room smelled even worse, roach crawling on wall, bug crawling in bathroom, curtain hung so people in parking lot can see the bed, fridge didn't work and was dirty , pink moldy mildew on shower head, TV remote didn't work...that about covers the worse of it. At least the man checking us out was nice and offered us a paper.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Made reservation sight unseen with local athletic event organizer. arrived at 12:30 pm and decided upon entering building this is NOT the place I wanted to stay. (out side nasty, entrance horrible 1st impression and smell)entered lobby and ask to cancell room that I had reserved for the night. Management refused refund. Only to call my bank one hour later to find out they had debited the full amount from my card.
Found Best Western in braselton only 7 mile down with outstanding Customer Service, and renovated room

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jefferson
Travelodge Commerce by Tanger Outlets Mall
#2 of 2 in Winder
Days Inn & Suites Commerce
Quality Inn & Suites Athens
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Braselton
Quality Inn Commerce
Quality Inn Commerce
#7 of 15 in Commerce

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!