“Disapponited”

Ranked #1 of 50 Restaurants in Jefferson
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My family and I went to the Red House on January 26th, 2013 and we were extremely disappointed in the crab legs and scallops. The crab legs were very hard to get out of the shell and the scallops were very undercooked. The inside of the scallops were basically raw. We asked to speak to the cook and then we proceeded to tell him our complaints about the food and we didn't recieve an apology, all the cook said was that he cooks everything. In my opinion, he was quite rude. We spent quite a bit of money for our party of ten and we were not satified with what we recieved in return. My parents eat at the Red House a pretty good bit and they have never had the experience we had when all of went.

1  Thank Courtney F

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We drive from Cartersville, Ga. To eat the best ribs we've ever eaten and the best seafood buffet in Geargia.

4  Thank Vandypope
Reviewed November 24, 2012

If you're in the mood for good southern food, you've found the right place! The buffet is the popular choice and it has lots of options. If you go on Sunday afternoon, be prepared to wait though!

4  Thank livismommy06
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have eaten here many, many times and the quality of the food is pretty consistent, for the most part, very good. I have to admit that I have had some foods from the buffet that I was not pleased with over the years, but have learned what foods I do like and try to stick to those. The foods that are really good are fried chicken and livers, corn, sqash casserole, most beans, sweet potatoes, and most veggies. I have had their greens from time to time when I did not like them, their desserts never change and I'm not a fan of puddings, dry cake or soggy cobblers, would be nice to have other choices from time to time like a cake with icing, some type of pie, just something different. I don't usually get much from the salad bar, not too impressive, I usually just get fruit if they have it. Overall, I do like their food and will continue to dine there.

4  Thank njmnews
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I believe that the sign in their parking lot that says " Don't even think of parking here" accurately portrays the attitude of the restaurant. To advertise that you have "fried chicken" to anyone born in the south means that you have chicken that looks like chicken (i.e. pieces with bones) not deep fried chicken tenders. Blackberry cobbler with no ice cream should be a crime!
For something positive...the vegetables were seasoned somewhat.

1  Thank djtdoc