“Choose well for a great meal”
Review of The Savory Spoon - CLOSED

The Savory Spoon
Cuisines: American, Diner, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Locally owned business striving to provide the best, highest quality meals. Our menu changes often with all updates provided on our website.
Athens, Georgia
“Choose well for a great meal”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We tried this restaurant because, even though it is a drive for us, it is committed to cooking with locally grown foods. The restaurant was easy to find, but you have to use the gas station entrance to get to it. The interior is pleasant enough, although I wish they could have lowered the lights a bit more and turned off their big, flat screen TV for dinner. And don't sit next to the door unless you want a blast of cold air on your butt. My daughter had the pasta, my wife had the fresh salad with various meats, and I had the "signature" crabcakes with mashed potatoes and braised, carmelized brussel sprouts. While the pasta, crabcakes, and mashed potatoes were all right, my wife could not stop raving about her salad, and I was falling in love with my brussel sprouts. Both were delicious. I think this restaurant is one where you can have a really great meal if you order right. In this case, we'll try again in the summer when even more seasonal vegetables are available. By the way, the owner/chef comes around to the tables, and this has always been a good sign for us.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank PeetieWeetie

Jefferson, Georgia
“Great Food, locally owned & operated”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The Savory Spoon is hidden away on the outskirts of Jefferson, GA heading toward Commerce. It's hard to find but worth the effort! Fabulous food lovingly prepared with local ingredients. If you are in the area, a Must-Try!

Visited December 2012
3 Thank cherry45
Commerce
“Definitely Savory!”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

If you believe that cooking is an art-form, then you will find your culinary artist at The Savory Spoon. Don't let the location fool you; tucked behind the local gas station, you will find a savory meal combined with home-town friendliness. The chef/owner takes pride in promoting meals sourced by local farmers/growers, assuring quality and freshness. With their menu changing daily, there is always something new and unique to try. A few of my favorites include their All Star Break Sliders, Stuffed Poblano Peppers, Summertime Chicken Salad, and Local Tomato Tower. You'll find reasonable prices and generous portions and will savor every bite!

• Visited July 2012