“Just what we were looking for!”
Review of El Jinete

El Jinete
Ranked #5 of 49 Restaurants in Jefferson
Cuisines: Mexican
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just what we were looking for!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I were passing through on our way home and really wanted some good Mexican food. Checked out the parking lot and there seemed to be a good number of cars there so we decided to try it out. We were there around 9:30-9:45pm so we weren't sure how the food would be that late. Everything that we ordered from the chips and salsa to our entree was freshly made and very authentic. We will definitely make a trip to this restaurant again and not just when passing through!!!!

• Visited August 2013

“Our favorite.”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

One of the better Mexican restaurants in Jefferson. Good, friendly service. Tasty food. My wife loves the fish tacos. The beer is cold but the margaritas can sometimes be on the weak side.

• Visited August 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Quick bite to Eat”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stopped in on our way back from the outlets. The prices were reasonable. The food was good. They made a strawberry flavored drink that was really good. I asked for mole to go on my enchilada and the brought me enchilada sauce. I have never seen red mole before. There was no chocolate anywhere. The staff was very good and responsive. The restaurant seems to draw a nice crowd. The restaurant was clean. This is not a bad stop.

Visited July 2013
Helena, Al
“OK but service is slow”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Our family ate there this past weekend as we were driving thru. I had a taste for mole chicken but this was not the mole chicken I have ever seen. This chicken mole was more of an enchilada sauce and there was no chocolate at all in the sauce. I asked the waiter about this but he assured me that this was their mole sauce. Service was exceptionally slow for refills and we decided that this was due to the huge crowd of people they were serving. We will not be back though.

Visited December 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Your Average Mexican Restaurant”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Shrimp Fajitas were excellent, sides were your standard slop...which makes this place average. Staff seemed engaged, place was clean and all customers looked to be enjoying themselves.

• Visited December 2012

Been to El Jinete? Share your experiences!