“Very Good”

Davis Bar-B-Que
Ranked #25 of 54 Restaurants in Jasper
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We had passed this place several times before, and we're glad we finally stopped. We had a very good lunch here. The pulled pork and brunswick stew were very good, the spare ribs OK. We finished off with a piece of wonderful coconut cake.
The service was very fast even by BBQ restaurant standards.
The place is nicely-decorated, a cut above a "dive" or "shack."

1  Thank RoswellDad

Reviewed November 12, 2011

We stop here every year when we go to get pumpkins and apples with the family. I'll stop here when I am in the area. The barbecue is great but expect for the table sauce to be a little different than what you are use to. The sauce is their own concoction and hard to explain but it is great. The best family atmosphere in any barbecue restaurant that I have ever been. If you are with a large group, sit at the large round table for a true southern tradition of eating with family.

3  Thank red_dirt_studio
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My hubby and I had a busy day and decided it would be the perfect ending for a busy weekend. We put the car in drive and headed north to the "first mountain town". We enjoyed friendly faces and quaint surroundings and beautiful vistas. Oh the oof...YUP, really yummy. We both had the BBQ pork, I had the sandwich and hubby had the platter. The Pork is tender and slow cooked and the French Fries are the REAL ones. At the end of our meal we had the last slice of old fashioned CHOCOLATE cake...I mean to tell you, OLD fashioned and the best anywhere and warm...wow! This is a favorite stop for us. Hope you enjoy it too!

5  Thank debdebga
Reviewed June 26, 2011

First off: people need to understand that in the South, BBQ comes in a thousand varieties from hundreds of regional types. This is north Georgia, unsweet BBQ and it is splendid. The meat is slow-cooked separately from the sauce, but this doesn't affect the taste. Be sure to try the fried cornbread and the homemade chocolate cake. Ask for mac n' cheese, it's not on the menu, but they've got it! The interior is a trip: every square inch is covered with stuff from the family that owns the joint. It's like an authentic cracker barrel without the boring cookie cutter feel and silly stuff with no theme.

3  Thank drg0nz0
Reviewed June 17, 2011

We have been eating at Davis Barbecue for 15 years. Very friendly folks with enough variety on the menu to satisfy family members who don't like barbecue but it is primarily a barbecue restaurant. The meat is super tender and moist without being too smoky. Never found a piece of fat in the pork. The sauce is vinegar based and pretty tangy. I always add some hot sauce to give it a kick. The brunswick stew is excellent as is the fried cornbread and old fashioned chocolate cake. I made myself hungry just writing this.

1  Thank gaeskimo