“"Our first microtel night was a good one"”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Jasper
SC
“"Our first microtel night was a good one"”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This was our first Microtel stay and it was quite good. We had the handicap accessible room because it was the last one. The room was larger than I expected. Their were 3 pillows for 2 people, 4 would have been nice. The room and bath were very clean. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was good sized and the tub was equipped with a seat for handicap use. The breakfast was basic with cereal, hot and cold, yogurt, toast, coffee, and juice. All in all this was a very good experience. The staff was pleasant and helpful. I highly recommend this for a quick overnight stay.

Room Tip: We had the handicap accessible room on the 2nd floor and it was fine.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Microtel-Jasper1, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you for responding to our review. I am pleased that we were able to met your expectations. I have a hard working team, and we try to accommodate all current and future guests. Per Wyndham standards three pillows per bed is what is allowed. We would have been more than glad to give you an extra pillow. Again, thank you and we hope you return in the future. Have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Jasper
Reviewed May 22, 2014

The walls were paper thin. The room next to us was party central. Even when they were just talking, we could hear their every word. After two hours we called the front desk hoping they'd so something. After about 30 rings, someone finally answered. They said they'd talk to them, but they never did. (No one ever seemed to actually be at the front desk. Both at check in and check out, there was no one attentive to what was going on.) The pillows were rock hard. Between that and the noise, we slept horribly. The room itself wasn't too bad, but this isn't the place to go if you plan to have a good sleep or decent service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

1 Thank Elizabeth H
Microtel-Jasper1, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am truly sorry we failed to met your expectations. Our goal is to make sure every guest has a comfortable stay. I will look into the pillows, and perhaps look to find replacements for more comfort. Thank you for your business, and I hope this incident will not despair you from a future stay.
Maitland, Florida
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I have stayed at a lot of Hotels from Marriott to Holiday Inn and everything in between. I cannot believe how wonderful my stay at Microtel in Jasper Georgia was. I was greeted by name as I entered the hotel (which has never happened to me before), the staff was so friendly and helpful. I felt like I was their only guest. My room and the whole facility was clean and fresh. I will be staying there again when I'm in the area and would recommend this hotel to everyone who will be traveling in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Microtel-Jasper1, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and future guests. I am delighted to read your stay was enjoyable. We really try our best to make every guest feel welcomed., and special. And from your review, it looks like we succeeded. Thank you for your kind words. We hope you will be able to return and stay with us on your next trip to Jasper, GA. Have a wonderful day.
Jasper
Reviewed April 21, 2014

As usual, the motel personnel are efficient and took care of our needs. We needed a first floor ADA room but one was not available. Made do with a regular room. Husband is blind and unable to walk stairs and will only stay on first floor. It would be nice to have a drive under loading place during rain, etc..

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Microtel-Jasper1, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for sharing your thoughts of our hotel with TripAdvisor and future guests. I am delighted that we were able to accommodate your needs. I do agree we should have a covered drive thru. Unfortunately, the property does not have the room for one considering the way the parking lot was built. Thank you for your business and please come back to visit.
Central City, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 11, 2014

The hotel staff was very friendly. The hotel is clean. You are greeted by a clean well maintained lot and landscape. The lobby, and rooms were well cared for and had a fresh clean feeling. There is nothing really with in walking distance to get something to eat quickly. It is a clean average place to stay.

The continental breakfast is just that. Sugar cereals, a few breads, bagels, and pastries. There was nothing really fresh or even remotely healthy. Unless you wanted an apple or banana. No skim milk, sugar free or light anything.

My biggest complaint would have to be the entry doors at the front and rear. They have benches to sit on. This is also the smoking area. While loading my gear back on to my bike and making a few trips in and out I had to walk through People standing, and sitting around smoking. Just what I want to smell like all day... YUK. When I asked the folks to smoke away from the entry door they were not pleased. The hotel provides ash trays right at the door ways. I guess that where they want the smokers to do it,

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you expressing your opinion of our property in TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read you enjoyed the cleanliness of the hotel and a friendly staff. I apologize that our continental breakfast did not meet your needs. We do offer fruit, yogurt, oatmeal and 2% milk. Along with the other items you mentioned. Our hotel is 98 % smoke free, guest that would like to smoke are allowed to do so at each entrance. I may consider adding a designated area for smokers away from the building. Thank you for your input and your patronage.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jasper
Best Western Mountain View Inn
Hampton Inn Atlanta Canton
Golf Club Villas
Golf Club Villas
#1 of 1 in Marble Hill

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper? Share your experiences!