“Emergency stay”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Jasper
Jasper, Georgia
“Emergency stay”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

On August 7th, 2013, our home flooded. We have 3 children and this was the first day of school. We booked a room at the Microtel Inn in Jasper, GA. The staff was beyond caring and compassionate. The room was beyond comfortable and clean. It was a safe haven during a very difficult time. The staff at the Microtel Inn in Jasper learned all of our names, and made our children feel special. The beds are extremely comfortable and the shower felt amazing...all at an extremely reasonable rate. I would highly recommend this hotel. Our stay was not a planned one, but I would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Billie F
Microtel-Jasper1, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
I remember the day you checked in, it broke my heart to know the situation you and your family were facing. My staff and I felt it was our duty to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We want you to feel like the hotel was your second home, even if it was temporary. Having to experience a flood, can be mentally and physically draining. I just hope that you have been able to recover from a tragedy. Thank you for your review and have a blessed day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I have never stayed at a Microtel before, in fact I've never even heard of them, so I was concerned about staying here. We were checked in around 7 pm by a warm and friendly lady by the name of Sheree and she quickly got us settled in our room. The most comfortable hotel beds I've slept in over the past 3 years! Quiet, clean, and comfortable, exactly what you look for in a hotel stay! Sheree was also helpful in reserving rooms for our family that arrived the day after we did, we were in town for a funeral, and she put us all on the same floor in the same corner! She went above & beyond to make our stay as pleasant as it could be under the circumstances. If ever I make it back to Jasper I will happily stay here & I hope Sheree will be the face I see behind the counter! We did not look for a pool or fitness center so I can not comment on those.

Room Tip: We stayed in 206, and were very happy! Third floor is smoking, second is not.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ayu0740
Let me start by saying thank you for taking the time to respond to our review. I am pleased to know you have enjoyed your stay. Guest satisfaction, is the reason we are the number one hotel in Jasper, GA. And you have contributed to our success. Again thank you and we appreciate your business.
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Very clean. Staff very nice and courteous. Great breakfast. If you are ever in jasper ga you need to visit this microtel inn. The beds are some of the best I have slept on. I would highly recommend this place to a friend.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Rpratt77
Jasperga, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
I would like to thank you for staying at the Microtel Inn and Suites in Jasper, GA. While you have been here for work these past few months, it's has been our pleasure to know we have met your expectations. We appreciate your review and your business. Again, thank you!
Lithia, Florida
Reviewed September 16, 2013

For the second time we stayed at this hotel. I cannot tell you how nice it is to spend time away from home so pampered. The front desk staff are amazing. We checked in late late and we were greeted with such hospitality. Ann and the staff are amazing. The room was super clean and the beds are NOT like hotel beds, it's like sleeping at home. The water pressure in the shower is wonderful (better than at home :). Breakfast provided was exactly what is needed to get out the door and enjoy the area. This hotel sits at the foothills of the Blue Ridge mountains, if you are looking for a friendly, clean hotel to stay in, choose this one. We did, for the third time we will be staying there next year!

Room Tip: Now this hotel does not have a pool. But neither do the other hotels in the town. You don't go t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Terri M
Jasperga, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your information in regards to your recent stay. I'm so thankful all went well, considering we had a full house that weekend. My housekeeping manager is the best at her job, she will go far and beyond to make sure our guest have a clean and comfortable stay. My front desk staff is amazing, they love to interact with all of our guest. I hope we will see you next year for the Jeepfest 2014! Again thank you and have a blessed day.
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I would not ever stay at this hotel again. The 3pm girl was just rude [--]. They charge you for every little thing. I do understand its a extended stay but come on. The room had sign of bed bugs. I know beg bugs because I work at a hotel. I saw little black spots that shows sign there was or there is activity. My money go elsewhere. Good Luck.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
We take great pride in our hotel. The housekeepers works hard to maintain clean beds, and clean rooms. Part of their job is to inspect beds for wear and tear, and to look for visible signs of bed bugs. I can assure you we do not have bed bugs. I have taken the time to do some research on your recent stay. And found NO record of your stay. Perhaps you have mistaken us with another hotel, as we are not an extended stay type of hotel. You would know this if you indeed stay at the Microtel Inn and Suites in Jasper, GA. As for the front desk girl that was rude. Sheree has received several great customer service comments in TripAdvisor. Take time to read our reviews from our past guests. The reviews speak for themselves.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Do not stay at this property if you desire the following amenities:

exercise equipment
washer/dryer
mini fridge ($15 extra charge)
microwave ($15 extra charge)
swimming pool
spacious rooms

Another word to the wise, inspect the room before moving in your belongings! Check for stains on bedding, pillows, towels and damage to room. If you notice anything, bring it to the staff's attention. Otherwise, you risk the chance of being charged for previous damage and stains. Walls are extremely thin, so whisper if you do not want to be overheard, and invest in ear plugs or sleeping pills if you want to get any sleep. The room we stayed in had fleas. We give our pet comfortus for flea and tick prevention, but the fleas were still trying to feed on our dog. I have never experienced a flea problem at any other pet friendly hotel, and we do a lot of traveling. One last bit of advice to pet lovers/owners...although the hotel claims to be pet friendly, I would suggest that if you travel with pets, choose another pet friendly hotel in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Your TripAdvisor comment was noted and reviewed. Sorry you and your three dogs had a bad experience. Being a pet friendly hotel, we strive to provide each guest with a clean and safe environment for guest and their pets. Upon inspection of your room during the stay of after seven days of requesting no housekeeping service, we found the carpet and sofa bed saturated with wet pet urine. You were asked to vacate the room and charged damages in the amount of over 1100.00. The sofa bed will have to be replaced and there is a good chance the carpet will have to be replaced as well. Our pet policy is two dogs per room. You had three, and we override the policy by allowing you to stay. Words of advice, take your dogs out to use the restroom outside,so this isolated incident will not happen to you in the future, since you stated you travel frequently.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jasper
BEST WESTERN Mountain View Inn
Hampton Inn Atlanta Canton
Motel 6 Canton
Motel 6 Canton
#3 of 7 in Canton

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper? Share your experiences!