“Nice hotel”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Jasper
Reviewed October 17, 2012

If you don't have children with you, this hotel is great. The rooms are great although the location of the television was awkward for anyone on the bed near the door. It was way up on the bureau in the corner facing straight with no way to turn it towards you. The staff was very helpful and accommodating but there is no pool or anything for kids to do anywhere in the area. We had to go to Canton to find something to do. Super simple continental breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 11, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
1  Thank JOHN D
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed for a friend's wedding. Apparently it was the only decent place in the area - and it was definitely decent!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Desk Clerk at check-in was cold, icy, disinterested, unwelcoming, unfriendly. Need I go on? Everyone else, who worked there, however, was really gracious. The looby is very nicely furnished. If you like tiny, cramped one-bed rooms, this is the place. If you're looking for comfortable and spacious, look elsewhere (or get a two-bed room or a suite here; they are nice). Breakfast is ok but nothing special (it's all cold and prepackaged) and nothing to rave about. The window seat in the room is great! If you reserve online direct with Microtel, all you get back is a confirmation number, so be sure to jot down what type room you got and how much. The hotel is clean, comfortable and conveniently located. But overall it was too much money for too little room.

Room Tip: Get a 2-bed room or a suite. The 1-bed rooms are horribly claustrophobic. Two people holding hands...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Microtel Inn in Jasper. The room was clean and well taken care of. I would stay there again.
I did not enjoy my call with the employee on duty that day I called for a reservation. I informed the employee that I found a rate of 59 per night on Travelocity and asked her if I could book the same rate over the phone with her. She told me that she must go online to the place where I found the 59 dollar rate and verify it.
After10 minutes of frustration, she finally found the place where I found the rate. By this point, I was late for a meeting and tired of wrangling with the lady. She had a haughty attitude and I felt that I was dealing with someone who could care less about me. Not a good call.

Room Tip: Set up your reservation on line and bypass the argument with the person at the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We checked in around 7 pm,on July 26th. When we went to retire around 10, we discovered that the room next to us had left their TV on a music channel and they had left the room. We called the room, banged on the door and finally asked the front desk clerk to enter the room to shut of their TV because it was so loud it was as if it was in our room. Just as we were about to go to sleep the room above us decided to make love. . . we heard the entire act. The moans, the groans, the creaking bed etc. The next day we came back to the room after working in the hot sun and walking property all day only to find that our room had not been serviced. We called down to the desk and the front desk clerk just wanted to argue and tell us that we checked in after 1 am and had the do not disturb tag out therefore the maids did not clean the room-we did not have the do not disturb sign out nor did we check in after 1 am. Then to top it all off we found cockroaches in the bathroom. I would not recommend this hotel if you want to get a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Head to Ellijay, GA don't stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We have never stayed at a Microtel before but we were pleasantly surprised. We had no issues with the room whatsoever. The nice lady that checked us in after midnight was awesome! She was so accommodating and went above to change our room to one that was better for us. The only downfall was the breakfast. Not very healthy and not much to choose from. More fresh fruit would be better. How about bananas? One last thing, coming in after dark was a little difficult. It was hard to see the road in the dark. There needs to be a lighted sign on the road.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jasper
Seventy-four Ranch
#1 of 4 in Dawsonville
Days Inn Canton
Days Inn Canton
#2 of 8 in Canton

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper? Share your experiences!