“Wonderful food and staff”

Woodbridge Inn Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 52 Restaurants in Jasper
Cuisines: American, Central European
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Marietta, Georgia
“Wonderful food and staff”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I have been going to this restaurant since 1978. The owner of the restaurant made wonderful Austrian food and it was like eating at my grandmother's house. The portions are large and come with salad and a dessert. The staff are very friendly and the service is excellent. I miss Joe's cooking but the food is still good.

• Visited June 2014

Acworth, Georgia
“Excellent German food and great service!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We both had wiener schnitzel served with spaetzle and red cabbage and it was tender, flavorful and served with a good sized portion. As we were eating the meal, we thought we heard a waitress say that they were "out of" crème brulee and German apple strudel so, at the end of our meal, when our waitress offered a dessert menu, I voiced my disappointment about having no strudel. She told us it was in the oven, not quite finished, but if we didn't mind waiting about 10 minutes. .....we could have it then. WOW! Worth the wait! We've had strudel in Austria and Germany that didn't compare to this flakey apple pastry! AND --- they gave us complimentary French vanilla ice cream with it because "we had to wait"! The service was excellent --- not just at our table but at all the tables nearby. We drove 50 miles each way to get to this restaurant and look forward to our next visit.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Abbysmom
Big Canoe, Georgia
“Visited on Mother's Day”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Two of our children came in from the West Coast for Mother's Day. We had reservations and were immediately seated. The menu was limited to three choices that I thought were a bit overpriced although the quality of the food and the size of the servings were good. The French onion soup was fair. I have had better onion soup in at the Corkscrew Cafe in Dahlonega, GA...but nothing to compare with the onion soup I had in a French restaurant in Vientiane, Laos in 1961 that I now judge all others by.
The server was attentive without being obtrusive. The dining room was almost overflowing with guests and while a bit noisy it was bearable. I would not recommend the Woodbridge on a holiday if you want a quiet family meal.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank HappyTraveler34772
Jasper, Georgia
“Flounder........perfect. Lemon pie......AWESOME.”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

The food and atmosphere has always been a favorite. The flounder and lemon pie are always my choice. Others dining with me had chicken parmesan and French onion soup. Awesome meal and awesome place for a nice walk into downtown Jasper.

Visited January 2014
Tate, Georgia
“Free Range Chicken Rocks!”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I've eaten here for lunch and brunch solo, with family and with friends.

I am always amazed that they offer a salad with free range chicken. Most of the items on the menu are what one would consider to be healthy choices, but I question their use of frying in Canola oil. Maybe there are no good alternatives in a restaurant? Canola oil is not optimum for human consumption (in my opinion)

We will continue to eat here and enjoy the fresh salads and free range chicken! Yum!

• Visited May 2014