Woodbridge Inn
$67
$82
Travelocity
  • Free Internet
Amicalola Falls Lodge(Dawsonville)(Great Value!)
$119
$115
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn & Suites East Ellijay(East Ellijay)(Great Value!)
$118
$96
ComfortInn
Best Western Mountain View Inn(East Ellijay)(Great Value!)
$83
$50
TripAdvisor
Golf Club Villas(Marble Hill)
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewschicken schnitzeltop floorrocking chairsthe north georgia mountainsnice place to staybeds were comfortableparking lotgatilespetmattress
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 3, 2011

to stay because of the reviews and Im used to high end hotels. It is by far the best option in the immediate area. I stayed for two nights in Rm #5. It was adequate and had ample space and was clean . However, I was a little surprised at the lack of hospitality . I made my reservation 6 months in advance and was trying to plan a surprise birthday brunch for my husband in their restaurant . I called at least 4 times and was told someone would get back to me and know one did. I wanted a brunch menu for my party and they refused to deviate from their menu at all. They served no breakfast food whatsoever and if you ask me their lunch menu is more like a dinner menu . The items were very nice, i.e fresh fish, veal, pork, meatloaf but very heavy for a Sunday morning. I wound up having the party there because I had no other option but they were very difficult to work with. The most they would do to make my husbands day special was pull a table together. They were also closed on New Yrs day despite having 100% occupency. If you need something afterhours your pretty much out of luck.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2010

We spent one Friday night at the Woodbridge Inn with a large group of friends. We were in a room over the restaurant, which was clean, quiet and spacious, if not luxurious. Others in rooms in the lodge were not as pleased with their rooms, although they were certainly not displeased. The highlight of our stay, however, was dinner in the inn's restaurant. Their food is outstanding and modestly priced for what you get. The atmosphere in the restaurant is very pleasant and it was full on this Friday evening. Since we had a large group, we chose from one of three entrees, rather than having the entire menu from which to select, but all three choices were well received.
Overall, I believe the inn and restaurant offer very good value and a pleasing experience.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2010

I stayed here for 2 nights with my boyfriend because I had a friend getting married in nearby Tate. Our choices were here, a Motel 8, or to stay 30 minutes drive away in Canton. I dearly wish I had stayed in Canton instead.

I should preface this by saying I am a city girl who probably would have never come to Jasper if I had not been forced to by the wedding. That said, Woodbridge is not an Inn or a Lodge, it's a motel. There are 2 buildings on the property, we were in the secondary building. The quality of our room was quite shocking to me. The vertical blinds were missing slats, the carpet had several mysterious stains, as did the walls. The bed was decent, but the pillows were horribly lumpy. The shower had rust stains everywhere, and a horrible shower head. The towels were scratchy and poor quality. The advertisement on their website of "german clean" is a joke.

The room had circular staircase leading to a loft, but the space made no sense. It just had another (ancient) TV and couch, which seemed unnecessary. In fact, we hit our head on the staircase several times due to its placement near the bed.

We never ate at the restaurant, so I can't speak to its quality. The only positives were the free wi-fi, a nice view of the mountains and the ability to easily check-out early by dropping off our key in a box.

Jasper is a cute town, but I'd suggest staying somewhere else and driving there instead.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2010

We’ve been going to the Woodbridge for many years and have always been more than satisfied. Our most recent visit was not only extremely disappointing but rather shocking. The food quality was poor including items overcooked, undercooked and over spiced. It turns out the Woodbridge has gone from utilizing trained, professional chefs to using inexperienced line cooks and it shows. Most appalling was a tall blonde waitress with a substantial odor of alcohol on her breath. The founder, Joe Ruffert was a great man and great restaurateur. We had so much hope that his son, Hans (a trained and highly skilled chef) would take the Woodbridge to the next level. He has done exactly that but has taken it 2 steps in the wrong direction, both food and service. What a shame.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank DavidM4969
Reviewed August 28, 2010

We used to live near Jasper, GA. The Woodbridge Inn was where we celebrated all of our anniversary dinners. We moved seven years ago and have not been back since. We decided since this was our 25th anniversary, we would stay at the Lodge due to the drive. We made reservations in JUNE! The room was okay. No problem there. (Pool was filthy, Koi pond dry) We arrived at the restaurant expecting a table by the window. We had to wait for a table to be bussed and it was in the back corner! The online menu has change drastically and several menu items are no longer offered. I went with the Wiener Schnitzel. OMG! The 'homemade' spaetzle was cold as was the Barvarian cabbage. They zapped more spaetzle in the microwave and it was so hard and dry it was truly inedible. The 'veal' I swear was a partial pork loin chop pounded to 1/8 inch with 1/2 inch of breading fried for so long that it was tough, dry and also inedible. The serving portion was about 4 ounces of meat. I could NOT believe the experience. Joe Rueffert would be so disappointed that Hans has allowed such poor quality of food to be served. I can't believe the memory we will now endure of our 25th wedding anniversary!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple