“Worth visiting!”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We went with another couple for dinner (my first time) and we were very pleased. The beef noodle soup, admittedly a plebeian choice by me, was an amazingly great menu item! I had the beef short ribs which was incredibly good. My partner had the Waldorf Salad with chicken (with which our waitress recommended the bleu cheese dressing) and she thought it excellent also. Our server was attentive and very knowledgable about the entire menu. The wine selection is a little limited but certainly adequate, and deep. I am occasionally frustrated by restaurants that list wines that they are actually out of but they seem to keep the list current. Good for them!

Altogether, a very enjoyable evening and one that I would certainly look forward to repeating. I would recommend you visit, also.

1  Thank Steve M

Reviewed April 11, 2013

"61" is a regional restaurant that focuses its menu on local farm to table foods that are prepared with a flair. As our waitress noted, these are familiar dishes prepared with a twist that accents flavors, composition and taste. We happened to arrive at the start of their Spring menu and all the entrees were new and being served for the first time of the year. My wife and I both found our meals delicious and our ten year old declared "61" to be her new favorite restaurant. (She had pasta with parmesean cheese and shoe string potato fries.) Deserts are a specialty. We split a Blueberry Crunch (that's what my daughter recollects) and tasted blueberries and apples and a crunchy pastry topping all together (similar but not quite a cobbler). It was not overly sweet and the freshness of the fruit stood out. It was served hot with a serving of vanilla ice cream on top. Reservations are accepted. We didn't have them but they had no problem finding us a table. The place was busy. This is easily the best restaurant in the area of Jasper and I can imagine folks driving a distance to enjoy a special meal here.

1  Thank SkipJAtlanta
Reviewed April 11, 2013

we were going to another restaurant which was closed. Logged into Trip Advisor and found 61Main. was my Birthday so we were bummed out. The restaurant came through and made up for the closed restaurant. Do not know what dinner menu is like but lunch was wonderful. a little wine a gourmet sandwich or salad. who could ask for more out in the Northwest Ga hills. They need more people to come up there and patronize them. they are very gourmet savy. go there.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

You may not think of Jasper as a dining hot spot, however 61 Main is perfect. Farm to Table Fresh inventive menu served by caring servers make this place an oasis in the north Georgia restaurant scene. Worth a drive from anywhere near Atlanta.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This restaurant has hands down the most delicious food in town. It is has fresh ingredients and the service is great. Look out for the daily specials and drinks!