“Best Seafood in the State”

Last Catch Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 54 Restaurants in Jasper
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Talking Rock, Georgia
“Best Seafood in the State”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Believe it! Jasper, GA this little Mountain town in North Georgia is home to the best seafood in the state thanks to the Last Catch. Everything on the menu is spectacular. The decor is inviting and the staff and owners treat you like celebrities. Ignore Erin E from Canton GA review and read the others. I know personally the owners had to make some changes with staff and Erin E is probably one of those necessary changes. I guarantee you will not leave the Last Catch hungry or dissatisfied.

2 Thank Jasperdawgfan

Suwanee, Georgia
“Such a surprise!!!!”
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Hubs and I have recently moved to just outside of Jasper, GA. JASPER? you are thinking? Well, let me tell you... Every time I turn around I get another surprise! Today was The Last Catch. As we pulled into the parking lot we saw a rustic fishing type restaurant here in the mountains! Huh? Yup, that's what it was, and believe me it was GOOD! Scratch that... It was GREAT! Upon entering, we weren't sure... Rustic was possibly an overstatement. But, it was clean and very cute. Extremely casual. Plastic silverware, paper towels on the tables, food in baskets, but wait.....Hubs had the fish tacos and I had the peel and eat shrimp. I've never been a huge fan of fish, but Hubs made me try his tacos (Tilapia). Oh...my....word! Delish! My shrimp was cooked in Old Bay and then cooled perfectly. It was served with drawn butter, but cocktail sauce was on the table, so I was eating it with the cocktail sauce. With 3 shrimp remaining of my half a pound of shrimp, I realized I had not even tried the butter... Big mistake.... BIG mistake. It was fabulous. Wished I had made the connection before I had only 3 shrimp left. Okay, so cute atmosphere, good food, but the absolute best part were the people. Brittany was the friendliest waitress we've had in a long, long time. She went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed, but she wasn't invasive or pushy. Also the manager (who might have been the owner) came over and told us about the weekend dinners on Friday and Saturday nights... Prime Rib! Another diner raved about the weekend feast. Suffice it to say, Hubs and I will definitely be back, and this place should not be #12 in Jasper.... Should be # 2 just after 61 main as far as we're concerned. Cute, Casual, Fresh, and Fabulous!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jodygirl79
Jasper, Georgia
“A great little find in an obscure place!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This place is like finding buried treasure! Hard to believe that in Jasper, GA, far from the coast, the seafood could be so fresh and cooked perfectly every time. I hate to share my secret but try the scallops! At present they are only included in a combination platter. I wish they had a scallop dinner. These are seriously some of the best I've ever had! The owners are lovely people and the staff is always friendly.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Babetha297
Jasper, georgia
“Great Seafood”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The owners are from Charleston,S.C. And they brought with them the knowledge to prepare terrific seafood. They are moving to a newly renovated facility due to the need for a larger capacity. It is without reservation that I recommend this restaurant.

• Visited February 2014
Jasper
“Excellent Sea Food”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Family run; very down-home and friendly. The Sea Food is the best in this area, and seems to be fresh each time. Service is good and the atmosphere is above average for this area. The only downside is the often use of plastic instead of metal silverware; a limitation based on the kitchen facilities and will be soon resolved when they move into their new facilities.

I would expect this rating to go to Excellent once they are in their new facilities.

• Visited February 2014