“Seafood in the Mountains”

Last Catch Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 54 Restaurants in Jasper
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Last Catch is owned and operated by Jim and Kim Ryan who came here from Charleston SC and brought with them the unique seafood style of that area. The She-Crab soup has become a local favorite. Food is cooked to order in a variety of styles including fried, grilled, blackened. Lunch will cost $10 for one of the popular baskets and dinner will range into the low 20's. Friday and Saturday prime rib is available and is worth the trip. I usually reserve an end cut by calling ahead. There are usually a fair amount of specials and everyone has their favorites. My experiences there range from lunch for 1 to having a birthday party for 40. I've never been disappointed. While seafood is their specialty the prime rib and even a simple hamburger with their homemade chips or fresh fries have this as one of my favorites.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Who would have thought that Jasper could have such a wonderful seafood restaurant. It isn't fancy, rather laid back with excellent fresh seafood.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

A friend I was taking to lunch recommended this place and I agree wholeheartedly. If you don't know where it is you won't find it but ask for directions anywhere in Jasper and they will get you there. The fish tacos were succulent and fresh. I can't wait to go back and try some of the other menu items. Service was great.

1  Thank Kelly C
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We found this place by accident, after meeting friends at the Piggly Wiggly, we went in to use the restroom (which was very clean!) so we took a look at the menu,spoke to some staff, and it looked like a place we'd like to try. We tried it, LOVED it, and now it has become "our Sunday restaraunt" We love the family feel as the staff is all so friendly. I personally think their fish tacos are the best I've ever eaten anywhere, my husbands favorite is their shrimp. We even love the location, it's a beautiful Sunday ride in the mountains for us. I'm glad today is Sunday, and it's our Last Catch day!!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We ate there several times and was always happy with the food and service. Their grilled shrimp was the best we have eaten anywhere and we are from Florida and eat a lot of seafood,
As far as atmosphere- it looks like a place you would get seafood---all wood ( tables, floors, etc)

1  Thank Rosalee F