“Really,really good”

Add it.
Mustard Seed
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

The food I got off the buffet was much better than anticipated. I got turkey, fried okra, collards, corn, mac-n-cheese, and mashed potatoes. There was a lot more to choose from but I just got what I wanted most. Collards were the best I've eaten from any restaurant, they were cooked perfectly with heat added. The food selection is large. That's the good part.

What I didn't like was the cramped area where the buffet was situated. I'm sure it was the only place to put it, but it is very awkward and the staff is constantly coming out of the back which is right in the way of one side of the buffet. In addition, the staff will not wait for a person to finish what they are doing before they reach across or in front of the person to refill or replace a pan. The entire area is just too cramped. But, the food is done exactly the way I like it.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is a new restaurant, and we were intrigued by their mission to have a good restaurant that provided money for the community. They give 100% of the profits through a local charity, one designed each two weeks initially. They have lunch (11-4) and dinner ( 4-close) buffets daily with a variety of meats, vegetables, and desserts. They had fried chicken (delicious), baked chicken, roast, etc., as well as real mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, slaw, a salad bar, peas, corn, etc. The collards had a beat of heat, and the cobbler was overly sweet for our taste. The food was good, and all the staff was friendly and helpful. The price of you meal includes your drink. You can also order from the menu, and the servers will prepare your plate for you from the buffet. They have prices for adults, children, seniors, and a take-out family special. Overall, it was a good experience with good food and good service. It is very clean.

4  Thank gardener5082