“What a difference a year makes and choice of rooms :-(”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hiram
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hiram
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Was really looking forward to staying here again as it had been a year since my last stay, which had been really good, and was my 1st race back since last year here for the BMX National. Boy, what a difference a room makes though. Last year, was in room 225, on the 2nd floor at the far end of the hall. I had specifically requested this room again when I made the reservation a couple months in advance. Was disappointed to find out it was not available when I checked in :-(

They said they were going to give me the room below, 125, but it was not cleaned, so was not available. So they gave me room 105, which was on the 1st floor, down the hall to the right of the front desk.

Hated this room, and am not really inclined to stay at this hotel again because of it. Only problem is, this is the only hotel in the area that accepts pets.

Ate dinner in the room around 11 p.m. as had to get set up at the track after arrival. Unfortunately, could hear the tv next door, and people talking in the other room on the other side. And then every time someone walked in the room upstairs, you could really hear their footsteps. Was totally annoying and bothersome when trying to relax. To top it off, you could also hear motorcycle car noise from the road behind the wall behind the hotel. So was getting it from all directions. I wanted to change rooms as I hated this room. Called the front desk to see if I could switch rooms and asked about 125. They said the hotel was booked and no rooms were available, that someone was already in 125. I really didn't understand that as it had not been ready just a couple hours earlier when I checked in, but now was occupied. I also asked what happened to room 225 that I asked for. They said the person had been there a couple months.

I would have left the hotel and found another as I didn't want to stay in a noisy room that I couldn't stand. It had been so peaceful and quiet the year before. Unfortunately, they are the only hotel in the area that takes pets, so was stuck. I don't plan on staying here again after this last stay. Was just too noisy. Apparently the room selection does make a difference.

The people were super friendly. And was nice to have a microwave and refrigerator in the room. They also served a breakfast which was nice. Pool with jacuzzi was nice too.

Room Tip: Would not stay in room 105. Room 225 is better.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
cx_hira, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hiram, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear 'oquick1'

First of all thank you very much for coming and staying back at our hotel during the BMX race this year. We truly appreciate your business and your loyalty. I am very sorry to hear of the problems that you experienced while at our hotel. It is always our goal to have every guest leave satisfied with their experience. Please know that all of our guest comments are taken seriously and we are working to ensure that they do not happen again. The guests that stayed in room 225 were checked in to that room about 4 days prior to your arrival and the guest did not depart the hotel during that weekend which is why we were not able to give the same room as we promised. I am very sorry that this occurred. Our staff do try our best to give the guest exactly what they are looking for however I am very sorry we were not able to meet your needs. On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. We are working diligently to correct these issues and I appreciate that you brought them to my attention.

Please accept our apology and If you would like to discuss your experience further, please contact me directly at the phone number listed below.

Sahar Sarfraz
770-222-0456

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Would definite stay again i absolutely loved that hotel I enjoyed staying at the Country Inn&Suites in Hiram Ga. Very clean, organized and friendly environment, it was quiet and the management there were great.. hot breakfast in the morning

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mae B

Dear ‘Mae B’:
Thank you- for your visit and your review, which is incredibly helpful to us and future travelers- we cannot say thank you enough! Thank you for your compliments on our hotel and our Team…we work diligently to earn reviews like yours! We look forward to your next visit with us, wishing you well always!

With warmest regards to you and yours,
The Country Inn & Suites Hiram GA

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a basketball tournament at McEachern High School. The first room was very smokey. They were kind enough to move us to a non-smoky room. Thank God for the nice black woman at the front desk. Covering on the bed was old and worn. Carpet in rooms was full of holes so I caught my socks on nails underneath. I asked if there were updated rooms but was told I was in an updated room. Breakfast was definitely their money saver. instead of individually served milk, we had to share the galloon jug in the mini fridge. How sanitary??? I never did get my chocolate chip cookies. The one person working when we checked in was trying to clean rooms and change sheets and take out trash. Who was watching the front desk, me. Waiting patiently to move from my non-smoking room. Mr. Carlson, please take back this hotel. they are not doing a good job. So sad and far away from home.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. It might be a drive but hopefully you will sleep better than I did.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
cx_hira, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hiram, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Ms. Tyronnda B.:
I am so sorry to hear of the problems that you experienced while at our hotel. It is always our goal to have every guest leave satisfied with their experience. Please know that all of our guest comments are taken seriously and we are working to ensure that they do not happen again. Because it was so late in the night our houskeeping staff was off duty so our FD staff were helping to make sure all rooms were up to par. I am very sorry that you did have to wait at the FD. I also have our maintnance staff looking at the issues with carpet so thank you very much for brining this to our attention. Again, please accept my more sincere apologies for the issues that you experienced. If you would like you can reach me directly on the number below.

Sahar Sarfraz
770-222-0456

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Me and my family had to stay in this hotel because of a huge water damage on our home. This was a stressful time for me and Country Inn and Suites was completely amazing!!! We stayed a total of 3 months and I don't have any complaints. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I was able to bring my pets, as that was extremely important to me. The hotel was always clean! The breakfast was always nice and fresh every morning. I would recommend this hotel to everyone out there:) I really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Michellepirkle

Hey There!
Thank you so much for visiting us! I understand the circumstances were not the best but nevertheless we are happy to stayed with us! This review is wonderful and deeply appreciated! We appreciate your recommendation and certainly hope to have you with us again in the near future! Should we have that privilege, please be sure to contact the hotel directly, so that we can assist you personally, as our returning guest! Best wishes to you all!

Our warmest regards,
The Country Inn & Suites Hiram Management & Staff

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I came here with family and friends for a one night stay while traveling. We were warmly welcomed and the front desk person actually remembered speaking with me on the phone! After check in we were invited to come back and have some cookies that were getting ready to come out of the oven. - very homey :)
The hotel was very busy and people were enjoying the lobby, reading the paper, drinking hot tea and making conversation with each other. Again, very relaxed and homey.
The rooms were spacious and clean. The beds and pillows were WONDERFUL. We were on the first floor and I heard nothing all night - slept great- but the others in my party (in another room) said that they actually heard a lot of noise overhead during the night.
The breakfast was good. Hot and loads of variety . The people who were cooking were busy keeping everything filled but were friendly and so pleasant. Really,every staff member I encountered either made conversation with me or greeted me with direct eye contact and a friendly smile.
And, I got a great Priceline deal which made this even nicer. I will definitely stay here again when coming through the area.

Room Tip: a top floor would have less noise
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank cruiselass
cx_hira, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hiram, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Dear ‘Donna M:
Hi Donna! What a thoroughly helpful review- thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience with us! We deeply appreciate your insight and we trust other travelers do as well! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our cookies, tea, and our cozy lobby. Thank you also for the complimenting our friendly staff, the rooms, and pillows. We empathize with you when you mention the noise level on the weekend of your stay. Thank you also for the helpful tip and again we apologize for the noise distrubance during your stay! Although we wish you were 100% satisfied we are very happy that you were pleased with your stay and we would be honored to host your next visit to Hiram, GA, should your travels return you to the area! Thank you!

With our warmest regards,
The Country Inn & Suites Hiram GA Team

Reviewed February 15, 2013

The hotel staff was very helpful and considerate. The room was very clean upon arrival. Bath and shower was excellent. The breakfast room was clean, but milk for cereal was in a gallon jug instead of individual pint cartons, or dispenser. For medical purposes, we prefer individual cartons. Also we prefer disposable dishes instead of plates and saucers and coffee mugs that may or may not have been sterilized properly and had been handled by staff. We weren't aware until the day we left that disposables are the norm on weekends and we could have requested them earlier ( our mistake). Parking the first day was adequate, but once the hotel was completely booked, parking was off premises. The hotel staff was considerate enough to allow us to park right in front in an unloading area. Construction worker's vehicles took up more spaces than necessary. Those should have been required to park off premises instead.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank d j

Dear ‘D J’:
Hi there ! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you! It is truly a pleasure! Thank you also for taking the time to share a review which is so very helpful to us and to other prospective travelers! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your experience at our hotel along with some of the aminities of our property. Just a few friendly pieces of information- we have now changed our mugs in room from the china to the disposable! GREAT tip and reminder to other guests- thank you! Also normally we do have carton milk in breakfast room however we could possibly have been out and served the gallon. The china dishes in the breakfast room is also something that some of our guests enjoy however we do have disposable dishes that can be given upon request. However, perhaps you can take advantage of this next time!? We apologize regarding the parking situation. Although we do try to make sure everyone has space for parking, the construction workers did have multiple cars and park in two parking spots but left the htoel so we were not able to reach them to take care of the problem. We wish you the best and hope to have you with us again soon!

Thank you so very much for the helpful review and i hope we have the pleasure of serving you again!

With Our Warmest Regards,

Country Inn & Suites Hiram GA

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stay here several times a year to visit family and it is a pet friendly place.
There is great place to walk your dog, but please clean up after your pet to keep it nice.
They have an indoor pool and hot tub which we enjoy. They have a good selection to choose from for the complimentry breakfast. You also have a little coffee maker in the room. Refrig and microwave upon request. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We would recommend this Country Inn to our friends or anybody looking for a good place to stay in Hiram, GA, with or without a pet.

Room Tip: We have not experienced any problems with any of the rooms we have stayed in at this hotel. We have...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank BeckyW1203

Dear ‘Becky’
WOW! Thank you for this very helpful and positive review- also for returning to stay with us! Thank you also, for touching on our hot breakfast and our indoor pool! We are honored to have you folks as our guests and of course, you are welcome to return ANYtime and we deeply look forward to your next visit! Finally, we know life is busy- so, a special thank you for taking the time to post a review for us- it means so much.

With our kindest regards,
The Country Inn & Suites Hiram GA

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hiram
Sleep Inn & Suites Hiram
Best Western Hiram Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Powder Springs
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Douglasville
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 12 in Douglasville
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta West/Lithia Springs

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hiram? Share your experiences!