“Big fans of Miss Patsy”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Hinesville
New York
“Big fans of Miss Patsy”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Have stayed here last few years. Had been staying at Comfort Suites in the same area but left there when it became less well maintained. Beginning to see the same issues at this property with facilities not always in working order and carpets and linens need A few rooms on third floor have some water damage that never seems to be resolved. The staff is always friendly and helpful and some even remember us from year to year. The breakfast, however, is top notch. Comparable to any restaraunt and seeing Miss Patsy every year is why we come back

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank barbbrn7
cx_hine, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hinesville, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
We appreciate you taking time to fill out a survey about your stay at our hotel. On behalf of me and the entire staff at Country Inn and Suites we apologize for the inconveninces you experienced during your stay. I will address these issues of the carpet and linens with our GM/Owner and we will be working diligently to correct these issues. We are glad you enjoy our breakfast and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We had traveled all day, I had some work on the computer, at 11:30 I pulled back the covers to find I had to sleep on Sand paper. My husband is a traveling sales man, we have stayed at some pretty bad places in the last 13 years, but this tops the list. Most other things seemed ok, but bad sheets means NO sleep in my book. Go somewhere else or bring your own sheets and plan on remaking the bed. This was 8-4-2012.

Room Tip: It says to add a tip to help travelers choose a good room, my tip, go someplace else or ask if they...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
cx_hine, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hinesville, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
We appreciate your feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay here with us. We have been working diligently to remove all of our old sheets and replace them with new sheets. We hope you will give us a second chance to make it right!

Travelers are raving about these Hinesville hotels

Martinez, Georgia, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2012

The bed sheets and towels were terrible, for 95.00 dollars a night We were not pleased with them at all. Very unpleasant sleeping on sandpaper.The staff was pleasant.We only stayed one night and we arrived very late and left before check out.The breakfast looked fine.We dicided to get something alittle fresher.

Room Tip: If the feel of the sheets are important to you ,ask about the sheets.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate your feedback. I apologize that your experience here with us was unpleasant. We have corrected the following issues - replaced old sheets with new ones and removed all unusable towels. We hope that you will give us a second chance to make things right!
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed May 15, 2012

First, the positive things. The breakfast was outstanding with real scrambled eggs, ham slices, corned beef hash, waffles, etc. The hostess was great, keeping everything well-stocked. The breakfast here beats other surrounding hotels. Check-in was simple and the front desk clerk was friendly. She missed my hint that I liked the third floor on a prior stay and put us on the first floor instead. I could have pressed the issue, but it wasn't that important. The room was sized appropriately for the price. The refrigerator and microwave were hidden from view in the credenza on which the flat-screen TV was placed.
Now, the not-so-positive. The sheets on the bed were past their servicable life. They were rough in places and thin in others. They were a real disappointment when we expected to pull back the covers and slide into smooth sheets. In addition, the bath towels in our room should have been replaced a few months ago. They were very thin and one had extremely frayed edges. We certainly expected better.
No doubt we will stay here again, but we certainly hope management corrects this problem before our next stay.

Room Tip: If you prefer staying on a certain floor, make it known during your reservation.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay here with us at Country Inn and Suites - Hinesville, GA. We have corrected the issues with both the towels and sheets. I also spoke with our laundry person about putting frayed or unusable towels on the shelves for our housekeepers to put in the rooms. We have changed out the old sheets with new sheets. We hope to see you when you are in the area again. We look forward to making it right!
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed March 30, 2012

This was my third stay here. Property is well cared for, but it is starting to show some wear & tear. Biggest problem was our so-called confirmed online reservation was changed - apparently by the onsite manager! And not just ours, but other customer's reservations as well. I suggest investing in a call directly to the hotel to be SURE your room will be the one that you reserved.
The only problem in the room was that the duvet cover was quit dirty, with several visible stains. It was cleaned and returned upon my request in one day.
The breakfast is quite extensive with many offerings both cold and hot! The room could be a bit larger though.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank headhoser
I know it's been several months since you posted your review but I wanted to apologize for the inconvenience during your stay here with us.Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately, sometimes when our hotel is full the room will still show available online when it's actually not available in our system but I am working diligently to make sure that this doesn't happen in the future. We hope that you will give us a second chance to make it right!
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I am a gold Club Carlson member who checked in late at the Hinesville, GA Country Inn and Suites, went right to bed and awoke to learn that my room had not been stocked with any wash cloths or hand towels. I called the front desk and the clerk brought two wash cloths to my room. There were three of us who needed to bath or shower. There were less than 10 cars in the parking lot and it was obvious that occupancy was less than 20 percent. I asked the clerk if we could get a wash cloth or hand towels from an unoccupied room. She did not agree to this. I went back to my room and called customer service. A company representative did a conference call with me and the clerk who talked in circles about why I did not have basic supplies, such as clean wash clothes. As I basically argued with this woman over such an outrageous thing I could see in the sunlight that my floor and bedding were filthy. I finally got a wash cloth, but who puts a guest through that type of hell? Aren't at least one wash cloth per guest a reasonable expectation? By the way, the hotel nor customer service offered an apology. I know where I won't be staying again.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank lovesfinethings
I know it has been about 7 months since your stay here with us at the Country Inn and Suites - Hinesville, Georgia. I want to extend my biggest apology on behalf of me and my staff for the inconvenience and unpleasant stay here at our hotel. I will personally discuss these issues with our front desk and housekeeping staff immediately. I am constantly working with our housekeeping department to make sure that our hotel is neat, cleaned and stocked with the proper items in all of our rooms. We are working diligently to ensure this doesn't happen in the future. We really hope you will give us another chance to make it right!
Laurelville, Ohio, United States
Reviewed January 18, 2012

It was by far the WORST stay at any hotel I have ever experienced! I booked my room online a month ahead of time. I am from Ohio and was going down to Georgia to visit with my fiancee who is stationed at Fort Stewart. A week before I left to go down to Georgia, I called the hotel to make sure everything was still underway. When I called, the staff member Sherry looked up my reservation and it was COMPLETELY different from the one I had made 3 weeks prior. Not only was it a different room, but it was also for 5 different nights instead of the 3 I had originally booked. She, very rudely, told me that I would have to call customer service and take it up with them. I called customer service and gave them my information and they had the CORRECT reservation. I told them the situation and they took down my number and was going to call the hotel and speak to the staff. They called me back about ten minutes later and told me they took care of the problem and I would get my original reservation. When I arrived at the hotel, they told me they had given my room (I had reserved the whirlpool suite) to someone else and that I was getting a different room. I was very upset but all they said was that there was nothing they could do. Throughout my stay, we had a TV that didn't work properly, the hot tub was cold as ice (my trip was in September), and the staff were very rude and unhelpful. I will never stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
First, I apologize for your unpleasant stay here at the Country Inn and Suites- Hinesville, GA.
Since your stay back in September 2011 - I have been the front office manager since October 2011. I have been diligently working closely with our staff (front desk, maintenance, and housekeeping) to ensure that these types of issues do not occur in the future. I and the front desk staff double check the reservations to make sure they are correct especially when a guest calls in to make sure their reservation is correct (dates, room type, etc.). I check the TV channels often to make sure they are working properly and we have corrected the problem with the hot tub it is now operable and hot. We do appreciate your feedback. I and the staff here hope you will give us a second chance to make it right ☺